Pleasure reef Islamorada 9-21-15 pix/conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deeper thoughts

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Same story with the viz about 25/30 feet of green water with plenty of particulate
water temp 86 no current very few jellies and minimal bleaching and no seas

Just an abundance of schooling fish with multiple nurse sharks, green morays and spotted morays
This fish at this reef are use to being fed so they are very curious.( This reef experience has changed, better or worse is up to each diver I guess) Caught a few nips on the scalp until I put a hood on(chubs/snappers)
For a while we were surrounded by over a hundred while we descended and they left after about five minutes
Very nice 2 hour dive

Not many pix due to the dusty water

P9210005_edited-1.jpgP9210007-3_edited-1.jpgP9210008-1_edited-1.jpgP9210008-1_edited-1-1.jpgP9210010_edited-1.jpgP9210013_edited-1.jpgP9210013_edited-1-1.jpgP9210022-1_edited-1.jpgP9210033_edited-1.jpgP9210036_edited-1.jpg

One of the worst injuries I have seen diving was where a kid on a dive was offering his hand to some reef fish and a chub took him up on it. Bit a big hunk out of the back of his hand. I certainly don't want them nipping at my scalp!

Nice photos as usual

One of the worst injuries I have seen diving was where a kid on a dive was offering his hand to some reef fish and a chub took him up on it. Bit a big hunk out of the back of his hand. I certainly don't want them nipping at my scalp!

Nice photos as usual
thnx this site is popular among newbies and this could scare a few

#4 pic is of a (Nudibranch) Purple-Crowned Sea Goddess = "Uncommon S. Florida"
pg 217 reef creature id 3rd edition
Here is another not great pic of it:
sea godess crocker.jpg

very nice photos...thanks for sharing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom