Please Tell me That This is a Joke ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't have a $700 pair but I do use Force Fins. I like them and would not continue to dive them if I didn't. I may someday upgrade to a different pair. I may even spend seven bills if I feel like it. Like I said before you can buy what ever you like. It's your cash. But don't just bash for the sake of bashing.

I am personally interested in trying out FF fins. I would consider paying the $150-$200 for a pair of fins with the right functions and features. Currently, that is the price point set by the high-end fins.

While its quite easy quantify the styling, luxury, materials, performance characteristics of $200K automobiles, I am really curious what functions and features are available on the $800 fins vs. even the $200 FF fins?

I have a pair of the standard FF. I like them, but the foot pocket material is much harder than most fins (so not as comfortable as my bios), and they are not vastly superior to any of the other fins I own IMO.

They are reasonable in weight, and have a small form factor, and they work well with any kick. For what I paid used, they are a good value. I recently noticed Force Fins have gone WAY up in price. Last I checked the FF Pro's were in the $120 range at LP. Now they are $219 on sale at LP.. WTH? What causes a fin to almost double in price? Is it now 2X better than before? Looks to me like the same fin, and same colors and materials with a much larger price Tag.

I have not dove the higher end lines. Maybe they are somehow the best fin in the world, but as it has the same design I'm diving, with different material for a more responsive blade, I just can't imagine that it would be all that much better.

I have a pair of the standard FF. I like them, but the foot pocket material is much harder than most fins (so not as comfortable as my bios), and they are not vastly superior to any of the other fins I own IMO.

They are reasonable in weight, and have a small form factor, and they work well with any kick. For what I paid used, they are a good value. I recently noticed Force Fins have gone WAY up in price. Last I checked the FF Pro's were in the $120 range at LP. Now they are $219 on sale at LP.. WTH? What causes a fin to almost double in price? Is it now 2X better than before? Looks to me like the same fin, and same colors and materials with a much larger price Tag.

I have not dove the higher end lines. Maybe they are somehow the best fin in the world, but as it has the same design I'm diving, with different material for a more responsive blade, I just can't imagine that it would be all that much better.

Ron, I was able to fill my car for $20.00, now the cost is over $50.00. Does that tell you something?

Ron, I was able to fill my car for $20.00, now the cost is over $50.00. Does that tell you something?

Whoa. Lesiurepro ships force fins with huge drums of gasoline? Why would they do that? :confused:

My salary has not doubled! The value of my house has not doubled?

I understand, energy costs have been killing our country. However manufactures decisions to double their prices is not a reasonable response unless they have no other option to survive.

The consumer is already hit. With my increasing energy costs, and a salary that is NOT doubling, I have LESS to spend. So the manufacture response to make an already non-essential item even more expensive will have one outcome. They will loose sales.

We are not talking food here! :eyebrow:

My salary has not doubled! The value of my house has not doubled?

I understand, energy costs have been killing our country. However manufactures decisions to double their prices is not a reasonable response unless they have no other option to survive.

The consumer is already hit. With my increasing energy costs, and a salary that is NOT doubling, I have LESS to spend. So the manufacture response to make an already non-essential item even more expensive will have one outcome. They will loose sales.

We are not talking food here! :eyebrow:

Ron,

I appreciate your comments, but you seem to think that we raise prices to join in the gouge, but costs are increasing on all levels of manufacturing. Developing countries are draining resources from the US. Low supply means high cost. Our costs have increased with the cost of oil, which has more than doubled, tripled or quadrupled, over the past few years. Cast polyurethane is a petroleum based product.You must realize that 90% of the other fins in this market cost no more than $8.00 to land in the US packaged. Think of the margins they are working on to charge you around $200. That is the reason you see more other fins than mine, but I know this market very well and after 30 years of making the finest fins, I am not going to lose sales.

What do you think about Scuba Diving with whale sharks in the Atlanta Aquarium?:no

Maybe I missed something in this thread, but I thought the current price by Force Fin was likely based on a government contract. My understanding is that those contracting with the US government are not allowed to discount the same product or service.

So, if you are selling a product for say $700 to the Navy, you would not be allowed to sell the same product to anyone else for less than $700.

Back
Top Bottom