Please Tell me That This is a Joke ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My pricing is based on my price of goods. We deal with government prime vendors, like Mar-Vel who purchase the different models at our wholesale prices. Our work with special forces is something I like to keep the lid on. Thanks for you interest.

Our work with special forces is something I like to keep the lid on.

Oh, I'm sure. No one would want you to divulge any fin information that might jeapardize our national security. :no

I mean, I know companies like Juergensen Marine do divulge some specs with their military CCR, but hey, that's just a simple electronic closed circuit rebreather. There isn't nearly the difference between their civilian unit and their defense unit as there is between your civi and mili fins, is there? :shakehead:

Juergensen Defense Corporation

But hey, individuals can choose which fin they dive, but not which RB they dive. Something about a higher level of spec and all, right?

Keep it secret dude. The spies are infiltrating SB every day. :14:

I think it's a pretty reasonable pricetag actually. It states that you get "instant acceleration" with these fins which seems worth spending roughly $700 more than most fins. Don't you ever get tired of kicking and then having to wait for the propulsion to kick in? It once took me 45 minutes to swim across a 25 yard pool because my fins weren't signed by Bob Evans.

Now I really feel inadequate. I only dive Jets. :wink: :palmtree: Bob

You guys are being pretty rough on a guy here. I don't know Bob Evens from Adam, but he is good enough to put himself out here with his product. If you don't like the product, the price, or the manufacturer, don't buy his product. I must confess that reading this thread has made me curious. They certainly are a different looking fin, and do seem to have a following.

Bob, do you or have you ever thought of a 30 day money back guarentee? I've read several folks here that have said they would like to try them.

You guys are being pretty rough on a guy here. I don't know Bob Evens from Adam, but he is good enough to put himself out here with his product. If you don't like the product, the price, or the manufacturer, don't buy his product. I must confess that reading this thread has made me curious. They certainly are a different looking fin, and do seem to have a following.

Bob, do you or have you ever thought of a 30 day money back guarentee? I've read several folks here that have said they would like to try them.

Ahhh come on. You can't put a $700+ pair of fins on the market and not expect to catch some flack for it, especially since the next lowest priced fin is less than half that.

I'll make this observation as well. He hasn't come over to any of the other more advanced dive boards to promote these fins. I wonder why that is?

I've said the same thing to people that buy $1400 titanium regulators that don't even realize that they shouldn't be using them with high FO2s. $1400 titanium regulators and $700+ fins solve problems that don't exist. But hey, they sell to the same maket that buys pneumatic tank strap cinchers, poodle jacket bcd's, and what's that fat loss commercial say, "When is a weight loss pill worth $100? When it really works." Well, Bob is telling you the same thing. Revolutionary.

I offer a 30-day money back guarantee, on all Force Fin models except for the sd-1, on retail purchases, always have. The sd-1 model is $700.00 retail. If you want this fin, you know you want it. That is the only person I want to sell it to. And for other scuba board which ones do you recommend ?. I am just learning, and really appreciate what the "netdoc" is doing with scubaboard. We had a great time diving last week, the whole trip was unreal and I plan to write the story tomorrow on my way to Beneath the Sea. I will be back next week for more of this fun.

I offer a 30-day money back guarantee, on all Force Fin models except for the sd-1, on retail purchases, always have. The sd-1 model is $700.00 retail. If you want this fin, you know you want it. That is the only person I want to sell it to. And for other scuba board which ones do you recommend ?. I am just learning, and really appreciate what the "netdoc" is doing with scubaboard. We had a great time diving last week, the whole trip was unreal and I plan to write the story tomorrow on my way to Beneath the Sea. I will be back next week for more of this fun.

OK, I'll lighten up. You seem to be a good guy. The 30-day money back deal is a good thing. I'll wait for demo days near me though.

As for other boards, check out The Deco Stop and Rebreather World. Some of the members are on all three boards. Yes, NetDoc runs a nice site and is a great launch pad for new products.

I'm one of those skeptics in general. My dad bought a BowFlex for $2500 against my wishes, used it everyday for 2 years, and for some reason, he doesn't have that BowFlex Body they claim you'll get. Now, he also does the diet, runs, and leads a healthy life. So, was the $2500 Bow Flex worth more than the $1500 home gym?

I also know someone that bought those $100/bottle weight loss pills. Nope, still fat.

Anyway, I wish you all the best. I'll leave you alone. Continued prosperity in the fin business...

............???

I just read this entire thread, it's been ten days since the "Force Fin Fiesta"....WHAT'S THE VERDICT?? If there is a thread on SB where people have posted their opinions following the gear trial I cannot find it. I found a couple people who said they had a lovely time, great day out blah blah blah, but after spending two hours reading this damn thread I want to know if any of the folks who showed up at the springs are now true believers. So come on NetDoc, did they deliver or what??

Count the dives and not the posts. You would be surprised at the number of dives both Blair Mott and the Fin Doctor have accumulated. ScubaBoard is as crazy to some as Force Fins are to you. New and/or different things are often scoffed at in the Scuba Community. NitrOx was once called voodoo gas and I have been told by a few captains that my long hose would end up killing me. I like to keep an open mind about things until I actually try them. It's easy to dis something you have never used, and even easier when others are into laughing at it.

Five years ago I was laughing at Pro-Ear Masks on this forum. Last year I met a diver who would not be able to dive without one. I don't laugh at them anymore. How much is that Pro-Ear mask worth to my friend? Well, I think they spent less than $80.00. But the the real worth of them being able to actually dive because of them? Priceless.

Dan from OTB heard about my ankle and that I was having ambulatory problems. I had used his shoe with great success in Russia, but I needed to have some real ankle support to walk with both feet unassisted and to be able to dive. He sent me three sets of boots just for me to try. Hey, they support my ankle far better than the $300 brace they prescribed for me. No, they didn't cost me a thing, but because they enable me to walk a bit and even dive, they are simply priceless to me.

Yesterday, I went diving with a Rapid Diver (and those OTB boots). Some were laughing at me because it looked different: I even heard one group snicker "Scuba Steve". Yet, without it I would not have been able to dive at all: That ankle surgery was only six months ago and I could not support much additional weight. I think the Rapid Diver and getting it all set up cost something like $800 (I didn't look at my credit card). What is it's worth, now that it enables me to dive? Priceless!

Once in the water, I still almost had to call the dive because of the pressure of my Jets on my ankle when I was kicking. Yeah, I felt each and every kick, and I drifted to the left because of my strong right ankle. I moved slowly, but I was still hurting when I got out. Maybe Force Fins will enable me to have more fun and less pain. I don't know that for certain, but you can be SURE I will be trying them out. I wonder how many laughing at the price tag want to pay my doctor and hospital bills from my ankle surgery? Even just the co-pays? They FAR exceed $800.00!

Yeah, it's easy to laugh and mock at something that's different, until you see the real value. No, it's not in its price tag: it's in the problems it solves. Price is immaterial if it means I get to go diving. It is even less relevant if it stops me from injuring myself. I don't really care if you laugh at me and call me Scuba Steve behind my back: I will continue to use the gear that works for me, and I am not going to be deterred from trying some new things.

This whole thread is pathetic. Bunch of vultures with nothing better to do than jump on someone trying to run their own business. I wonder if everyone here is going to go protest Ferrari for making cars that are just so expensive you have no use for them. I mean, holy cow, a pinto does the same job doesn't it?

Can we just close this darn thread down and have anyone who wants info PM him or something. Maybe start a new thread somewhere so we can get away from this pathetic bickering?

Yea, I agree with you. I think we need a "Dive Snobs" board. Everyone could just flame on and on about each other, gear, and anything else that ticks them off. People would be better off if they spent more time diving and less time posting. See ya in the water! I'll be the one wearing yellow force fins. Yea, I'm that backwards....:shakehead:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom