Please recommend me pee-valve quick release

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WhiteSands

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,
I have a Santi E-motion with Halcyon P-valve.
I want to get a P-valve quick release with check valve (one way valve).

I checked out the one She-P has for sale but don't think the size will fit as the ID on the rubber tubing on mine is much smaller.

Can anyone recommend me a quick release valve that will fit?

Thanks.

Do you have that clear rubber tubing coming out of your she-p? I think the idea would be to insert that in like six inches of the regular black tubing and attach the female side of the QD to the black tubing. Would that make sense? Just a thought.

Hi, sorry I did not clarify, I am male. ��

I have a light monkey, spendy but so far it's great.
Balanced / oneway is the only way to go. Just make sure to flush it with clean water after every dive or it will leak.

Hi,
...Halcyon P-valve. I want to get a P-valve quick release with check valve (one way valve). I checked out the one She-P has for sale but don't think the size will fit...

My wife has a She-P and uses a Halcyon P-valve. From memory the quick release fitted fine, I did the install and didn't buy any extra fittings.

I found that Laura answered all my questions, her email address can be found on the linked page.

Representing a giant step forward in the world of continence aids for women!

Hi,
I have a Santi E-motion with Halcyon P-valve.
I want to get a P-valve quick release with check valve (one way valve).

I checked out the one She-P has for sale but don't think the size will fit as the ID on the rubber tubing on mine is much smaller.

Can anyone recommend me a quick release valve that will fit?

Thanks.

Does this help?

McMaster-Carr

Acetal Quick-Disconnect Coupling Plug [5012K72]
Acetal Quick-Disconnect Coupling Socket [5012K68]

Does this help?

McMaster-Carr

Acetal Quick-Disconnect Coupling Plug [5012K72]
Acetal Quick-Disconnect Coupling Socket [5012K68]

thanks! I measured my tube ID and its 0.236 inches.
The parts above are for pipes with ID 0.375 inches.

Can I just confirm that I should use those part numbers for my tubing?

Some guys opt for QD barbed fittings made for 3/4" tubing (like the part numbers listed above) even though the typical halcyon norprene tubing is 1/4" ID, making the fitting extremely tight with no potential for it to come loose (not a bad idea). Personally, I have switched to the 1/4" barbed fittings (QD from McMaster) because they are easier to attach and are plenty secure due to the barbs on the fitting itself. In my opinion, there is no way under normal pressure (or even slightly higher pressure) conditions, that the 1/4" fittings would come loose from the norprene tubing.

But, that's my preference...the fittings are cheap enough that you can probably try both if you want and chose the one you like best. McMaster is great for low cost shipping and they have a great return policy if needed.

Thanks Ulf! Those are the only 2 parts needed?

Those were the only 2 parts I needed. YMMV

I can not as my notes on sizes disappeared with "the dive matrix"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom