Please help submit mask fitting and brands.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SangP

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all,

First off I really hope that this thread will help those looking for a great fitting mask and rather then having to go through every mask out there just to find one. They can use this database for reference.

I really would like to make a list so people can get great fitting masks for different facial structures. Great fit to me means no need to inhale. You only need to gently press the mask onto your face and it sits without the strap! Make sure you look into a mirror to see if your face and especially the flesh around your eyes isn't squeezed outta shape.

Finally make some minor facial expressions and open you mouth as if you have a reg in it and if the mask is still air tight, you have a keeper.

This is a mask to mask comparison chart which means that if you find a mask that fits you and that mask is grouped together with other similar sized masks, it's a good bet that the other masks will fit almost as well too. Therefore, I really need you guys to input the masks you have used with measurements of the inner skirt and some comments on your facial structure (big noggin/Roman nose or anything of importance) and the fit of the masks.

Anyway, here goes:

Narrow Asian Face Male:
Cressi Sub Lince 9.5 cm inner skirt (Almost too narrow as I have to bend the mask skirt slightly outwards b4 pressing it against my face).
Aqualung/US Divers Maui 10.5 cm inner skirt. (Perfect fit)
Mares X-Vision 11.5cm (Needed to inhale a bit more than I was comfortable with but it did seal rather well because of the very soft skirt material. ok fit).

All this info will be place in an excel file or word doc and updated regularly.

Best regards and a Happy Chinese New Year.

SangP

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom