Please help ID 1st stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tamas

Contributor
Reaction score
Please help me ID this first stage, if I recall correctly it was part of a group buy or a dealer blowout deal here on SB years ago, looks like I bought a few but have been since forgotten. I found some similar ones by Seac Sub, but that does not mean anything.

Attachments

• 11195314_10206686158455745_739211381_n.jpg
    11195314_10206686158455745_739211381_n.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 124
That is a Coltri Sub first stage from a 123 Scuba deal many years ago. I believe that regulator was also sold by OMS, Abyss, and some others. Supposedly it is a Scubapro MK-16 clone, I do not know if it is true or not.

That's it thanks! 123Scuba -right.

Your welcome. If you are looking for rebuild kits and Laura does not have them you can try Piranha. They sell the rebuild kits for the SEAC version.

I bought one and had my only first stage failure.. at depth.. swimming along and I felt and heard it pop. I think the seat cracked or something. i only used it for several dives.. took it to a shop and the repair was like $30... I made a deal.. keep the reg..

I bought one and had my only first stage failure.. at depth.. swimming along and I felt and heard it pop. I think the seat cracked or something. i only used it for several dives.. took it to a shop and the repair was like $30... I made a deal.. keep the reg..

It was probably an O-ring that extruded. From what I remember the regulators were pretty cheap. Something tells me that they were old stock that Laura got a deal on. The O-rings could have been old, especially if they were polyurethane. From what I remember the same model was used by Abyss, OMS, SEAC, and some others. I don't think the design is bad.

Here is the original thread: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/cl...-diaphragm-first-stages-yoke-din-60-each.html

Back
Top Bottom