Please explain a cavers knot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bob3:
I don't see the pictured SPG/snap attachment to be very knife-friendly, and I doubt it'd have enough room in there for snips to work.
I'd almost consider that a hard attachment, especially if all you had were snips.

Hi Bob

I do not see why you would not consider it knife friendly.

I would have no problem cutting mine with the small DIR
knife kept on the waist strap.

Marc
www.enjoythedive.com

Bob3:
I don't see the pictured SPG/snap attachment to be very knife-friendly, and I doubt it'd have enough room in there for snips to work.
I'd almost consider that a hard attachment, especially if all you had were snips.
I tie my SPG/snap so that there is a little more space than what is in the pic. You could get in there fairly easily with a knife or snips.

The likely hood of ever having to cut the SPG connection seem highly unlikely becasue it is so well protected by your body. You would really have to be in a tight area to get your SPG hung up on something.

MarcHall:
Breakaway regs are no longer part of the GUE/DIR standard.

The bolt snap should be attached to the reg with cave line.

Enjoy

Marc Hall
www.enjoythedive.com

Sorry, I just click on the "New Posts" button and post comments where I believe I have something worth offering. Didn't realize I had wandered into DIR territory. Will try to be more careful in future.

theskull

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom