Please comment on what i'm think

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

smellybear

Registered
Reaction score
I have 2 x 10.5 L faber steel tanks, they are almost the same size and height. Just that one weighs 11.4 kg and 1 cm taller in height while the other weighs 11.9 kg and 1 cm shorter.

Can I set them up as doubles?

Last edited:
Variation in tanks is inevitable given how they are made. Ideally you'd have a large supply of tanks that you could match by height (I have never known anyone who bothered matching them by weight).

However a 1cm difference in not all that significant, and the .5 kg weight difference will not be noticeable even under water. The height differece will not be enough to cause them to fall over - just be sure to use a decent set of bands and snug them up properly so the bands carry any resulting asymetrical loads rather than the isolator.

Unfortunately, i dun have a large number of tanks available. Just want to to know if it is possbile

you can compensate for that 1cm by a tank butt cup?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom