Please check my rig.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

7' primary, 22" backup is usual. Some people have to adjust hose lengths for their particular rig.

7' primary, 22" backup is usual. Some people have to adjust hose lengths for their particular rig.

Yes you're right. I am in backup hose for doubles mode - 2" longer is typical there.

watchmanjc,

You'll have trouble with the routing of a long-hose with the regulator you're using. I'm a fan of the long hose and I use one myself, but if you ask me, unless you're willing to put a different regulator on your kit then you'll be better off with the way it is. Your octopus hose is long enough.

R..

watchmanjc,

You'll have trouble with the routing of a long-hose with the regulator you're using. I'm a fan of the long hose and I use one myself, but if you ask me, unless you're willing to put a different regulator on your kit then you'll be better off with the way it is. Your octopus hose is long enough.

R..

I'm using a Scubapro Mk20, what would be a better reg for long hose set up?

Well... I'm just going to preface this with a disclaimer because I've never tried setting up a longhose on an MK20 before.

However, there are two really important hose routings to make a long hose work with any config, but especially with a single tank. That is that BOTH the high-pressure hose AND the primary long hose have to be routed straight down the side of the tank on opposite sides. Especially on the long-hose itself this is really not optional because the hose will float around *everywhere* if you don't.

Once you do that, then the LP hose for the inflator and the LP hose for the bungeed secondary have to be above those but not sticking straight up. Just looking at the picutures you posted it looks like you could get the HP hose and the long primary hose pointing straight down, but you'd end up with the other two pointing straight up because of that funny T-coupling you're using.

As I started out saying, I don't have any experience trying to make it work with an MK20 because none of my regulators are piston types. If I had to recommend a regulator that I *know* would work, it would be the Aqualung Titan, but before you run out and buy one, maybe it's best if you ask someone you know who does have experience with a long-hose config using the MK20 to look at yours.

R..

The picture that rjack321 posted is a MK20 with a long hose.

Well there you go then. It would interesting to see a picture of it from behind. From the front it looks like they compromised the routing of the long-hose so the HP hose doesn't stick way out.... But who am I to say. Maybe it works. Maybe it just looks good in advertisements.... Personally, I'd put my money on waiting for someone who actually uses it to check in with their advice.

R..

Well... I'm just going to preface this with a disclaimer because I've never tried setting up a longhose on an MK20 before.

However, there are two really important hose routings to make a long hose work with any config, but especially with a single tank. That is that BOTH the high-pressure hose AND the primary long hose have to be routed straight down the side of the tank on opposite sides. Especially on the long-hose itself this is really not optional because the hose will float around *everywhere* if you don't.

Once you do that, then the LP hose for the inflator and the LP hose for the bungeed secondary have to be above those but not sticking straight up. Just looking at the picutures you posted it looks like you could get the HP hose and the long primary hose pointing straight down, but you'd end up with the other two pointing straight up because of that funny T-coupling you're using.

As I started out saying, I don't have any experience trying to make it work with an MK20 because none of my regulators are piston types. If I had to recommend a regulator that I *know* would work, it would be the Aqualung Titan, but before you run out and buy one, maybe it's best if you ask someone you know who does have experience with a long-hose config using the MK20 to look at yours.

R..

You would think by now someone would have designed a new reg specifically for this application.

Mk20 is fine.

Try using the LP port in the end of the reg for your long hose. When you screw the first stage in to the valve it's on a slight angle so the long hose naturally points down towards your right hip.

The angle of the first stage means that you get a HP port that points down to the left hip d-ring where you will clip it off.

You then align the turret so that the hoses for LPI (and drysuit?) come off the left hand side. Backup reg comes off the right hand side (facing forward). I find that the backup reg sits best when you use the LP port on the turret that points slightly backwards - but depending on whether you're using a DS hose this may or may not be true.

I can post a picture of the detail of my first stage if you like, but it won't be until much later.

Personally, I'd put my money on waiting for someone who actually uses it to check in with their advice.

I use a MK25 for singles, but hose routing is basically the same as the MK20. It actually is the most tidy routing I've ever found - the trick is realising that the allen key in the end of the turret is also a LP port.

So basically, you lose the T-coupling, attach the long hose where he has the T-coupling and the rest kind of falls into place... right?

R..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom