PLBs Can Save Your Life

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Got my PLB 400 today. Thanks @seeker242. It’s smaller than I expected. I’m waiting on the custom divers canister to get here (next week). They said the PLB 400 would fit and I’ll update when it arrives. I know many have intentions of making changes especially after a tragedy and few follow through. I now have a PLB, canister on the way and a nautilus LifeLine Radio that I did not have 6 weeks ago. I really hope it was all a huge waste of money and I never have to use any of it.

I acquired a PLB 400 because of this thread; shipping it off to Light Monkey for a canister today. Had been thinking about it for a long time, but this thread and the new model pushed me over the edge to get it done.

I’m waiting on the custom divers canister to get here
How are you going to carry that? I wish it had a key-ring hole on the side like the HDVSEATEK.

I acquired a PLB 400 because of this thread; shipping it off to Light Monkey for a canister today.
How much is that going to cost?

View attachment 515658 View attachment 515659
I finally solved this problem thanks to the help from fellow folks here.
Canister ordered on eBay from a gentleman in Australia. Took a week to get.

And yes it came with a solar blanket.
Thanks @DandyDon for his guidance.

Only problem I had with that canister was opening it after a dive. I had to open it in a vise with an oil-can wrench because it was so tight. Try and open on the surface after a dive to make sure all is good.

waist belt webbing
I haven't worn any kind of belt while diving since 2001. Too bad you can't hang it from a D-ring.

I haven't worn any kind of belt while diving since 2001. Too bad you can't hang it from a D-ring.
I’m sure I could attach it to a d-ring with the belt harness but for me that does not seem desirable . I dive a BPW so a belt is part of the rig. I honestly hope it will fit in left side packet with my nautilus and a signal mirror.

I’m sure I could attach it to a d-ring with the belt harness but for me that does not seem desirable . I dive a BPW so a belt is part of the rig. I honestly hope it will fit in left side packet with my nautilus and a signal mirror.
I'd add yellow tape around it to make it easier to find if it gets away from you, and in your bag. I hope you carry the PLB in your car and everywhere. NOAA will send you reminders every other year to reregister.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom