PLBs and DSMBs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The most recent run of lost divers and upcoming Fiji and PNG liveaboards have tipped the scales for me in terms of some form of signalling devices for my wife and me.

I've done my best to absorb the various threads on the Board, but haven't been able to cram enough understanding in my brain to make a decision. . First, would it increase the likelihood of success if she and I to have two different devices? Related, I know that some divers use both Nautilus and PLB. Is that primarily redundancy, which I fully embrace, or more?

Anyway, I've tentatively narrowed it to the Lifeline or the ResQLink View, which requires a canister. Am I missing something, and would one of each (vs two of either) make sense?

Thanks, as always.

If uncovered TEST button on the plb presses unintentionally up against anything it my run down the battery. I have purposely shimmed in place a plb inside waterproof container with space provided to not have button pressed. If you read about someone who stuffs a plb in a back pack and later needed it and the battery was dead, you are reading what got me thinking about uw container. I didn't have this happen to me, but in a review saw it after I already had made the purchase.

Back
Top Bottom