Plaza Las Glorias

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Going down March 1 to do a few things for a week, and I hope to get down there quite abit, not sure just when....

I wouldn't do the all inclusive thing at Plaza Las Glorias. Stayed there in July. It's close to restaurants with food far better and cheaper. We found the food at PLG to be very pricey and NOT GOOD. The rooms have kitchenetts and there is a huge supermarket across the street from the hotel that has anything you'd need. We dove with Safari Divers, who have an operation in the hotel, as well as in town. We found them to be quite good and used the smaller fast boats in the morining and the larger boats in the afternoon. Has nice pool, swim up bar and good snorkling area. Shore diving is possible but not that great or easy access.

Be careful, the glass windows between the rooms and the balconies are not shatterproof. I bumped one with my lower leg, it shattered and I spent two hours in a Cozumel private hospital getting sewed up by two Mexican surgeons. Diving from the hotel is great. It has a large pier and the boats will pick you up right there. Also Safari has gear lockers on site if you chose to use them. We would stay there again and probably dive with Safari.

Regards,

we enjoyed our stay at the PLG very much! As of last October there was no AI option. Maybe it has changed since then.
Each day after diving we hung out at the pool and enjoyed their extra powerful & yummy 'rita's and had Chile Relleno w/shrimp & Fajitas w/extra guac. Every thing was of the best quality while we were there, but maybe it's easier to keep up with the quality during off season.

We never ate dinner there, as there are so many places to try in town, like Especia's, or Plaza Leza, or La Choza.

I just skimmed the replies here, but I didn't see anyone mention the store across the street from PLG. It is kind of like a Mexican variety of Super Walmart. They have a deli, alcohol and beer, and everything up to TVs, etc. We stayed at PLG and enjoyed our walks to town to try all the different restaurants. We've also stayed at the Iberostar, which is an AI and the resort farthest from town on the south end. Expensive to taxi to town, but the boat rides to many reefs are shorter, and the food and other AI ammenities are excellent. Just my two cents.

Forget about the food option! PLG is well located. Its within walking distance to town and the ferry to Playa del Carmen. Have dinner out in town or Playa. Buy breakfast suff from the supermarket across the street. The boats leave right from the hotel and you are given a locker. Nice spacious rooms with balconies. Have fun!

Yes!!
That chedraui across the street was a huge benefit. That's one of the main reasons we liked the location of PLG. We really could walk anywhere, and if we needed anything we just walked across the street. That was a really inexpensive place to shop for liquor, and I needed an extra pillow 'cause my hubby really snores, so I got one there for $3.50. The maid just put a pillowcase on it, and we just left it there when we went home.

One of the times that I was in Coz, and at PLG it rained.
We walked across the street and bought a Spanish Scrabble game. Stayed in and played and played it. It was a blast.
I brought it home, and gave it to the school's Spanish class.

On one of my visits to Coz, while unpacking I discovered I'd forgotten to pack underwear. I couldn't go commando for a week. Walked over to that store & was shocked that the nice underwear was $7.99 each. Being a cheapskate, I decided on the poorly made $3.99 underwear & took it up to the cash register. Turns out it was .39 cents.
Duh - pesos, gringa!

save your money on the all inclusive. Food at most hotels is poor. Lots of good food in town just a couple of blocks away.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom