Plaza Las Glorias

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the food at PLG would gag a maggot...

I'm not kidding. They served shrimp (?) enchiladas at lunch one day that smelled exactly like a bait bucket. The table next to us even remarked about the odor, so I know it wasn't just me.

The rooms and views were decent tho. And the free LSD margaritas they served pool-side one night still stand out...we went snorkeling after consuming a couple and the colors were...uh, good.

cyklon_300:
...the free LSD margaritas they served pool-side one night still stand out...we went snorkeling after consuming a couple and the colors were...uh, good.

Surely you jest.

ggunn:
Surely you jest.

You just never know, but I would assume he didn't mean that literally, just that they are very strong. :coke:

was tongue-in-cheek, my guess is that these particular drinks were most likely made with some el cheapo grain alcohol (180 proof) as I didn't detect any hint of tequila.

cyklon_300:
was tongue-in-cheek, my guess is that these particular drinks were most likely made with some el cheapo grain alcohol (180 proof) as I didn't detect any hint of tequila.

From what I remember, the night bartenders at PLG are way more liberal with the pourings. They probably ran out of tequila and started using the local firewater instead! Heck after a few, most tourists can't taste the difference anyway! :)

BTW, loved your "colorful" description of PLG's food! LOL

PLG is a good choice, stayed there on to trips last year. Great location. Don't take the AI though....There's too many good restaurants in town.
have a great time.

cyklon_300:
(The LSD reference) was tongue-in-cheek, my guess is that these particular drinks were most likely made with some el cheapo grain alcohol (180 proof) as I didn't detect any hint of tequila.

Well, hope springs eternal. If they had plenty of Grateful Dead and String Cheese Incident music to play poolside...

I need a miracle every day.

Squeekycat:
I'll be back at PLG May 1st to the 8th. Were you thinking of going around that time, since you said "Spring"?

Well, all the boats from downtown stop at the PLG dock to pick up divers so that is a good thing.

P.S. I just bought a house a few blocks in from the PLG so you are welcome to visit me at the "Casa Crispos"...

crispos:
Well, all the boats from downtown stop at the PLG dock to pick up divers so that is a good thing.

P.S. I just bought a house a few blocks in from the PLG so you are welcome to visit me at the "Casa Crispos"...

When will you be there?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom