Playa Del Carmen/Playa Maroma - Venta Club

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Carlos Danger

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi everyone:

My GF and I are headed to the Venta Club resort in Playa Maroma (approx. 12 miles north of Play Del Carmen) in June, and was wondering if anyone has stayed there or otherwise has any advice on diving local to this particular resort. Apparently they have there own dive op on-site, but I haven't been able to find much information.

Thanks in advance for any assistance,

Maredsous

I did two dives at Dos Ojos with Capybara, and our friends Bob and Cindy from Indiana, after a week diving on Cozumel. Water clarity is great, and the stalactite/stalgmite formations are really neat to see. I can't comment on other cenote's, but I'd definitely recommend the experience that I had. You do have to be a comfortable diver, good buoyancy control and comfort with overheads and darkness is a must. While advertised as a cavern dive (rather than cave), you can at times be pretty far from the surface, horizontally that is (my dives didn't exceed 30 feet).

I've heard a lot of great things about the Cenote diving (thanks for your comments), but how is the ocean diving? I was hoping that someone out there might have info on the Venta Club Resort, and their onsite dive op.

There are some excellent reefs off of Puerto Morelos which is very close to Playa Maroma.
I don't have specific info, but the resort dive ops do 3 or 4 single tank dives per day, to reefs which are 5 to 10 minutes out from the resort. The dives are nice, but not as spectacular as Coz.
Most of the dives that I have done in the Riviera Maya are further south between PDC and Akumal. However, I did some skin diving and snorkeling near Puerto Morelos, and thought that the amount of life and the reefs were great.

I hope that as you piece people's responses together, you get the info you need!

Ocean dive is great, you have many things to choose from, you can go from 30' shallow dives to the incredible deep wall of Cozumel and do some wreck dives in between, so is plenty of things to do, but i beg you to do at least a two tank dive in the cenotes, please do it, you won't regreat it.

Have fun, dive safe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom