Trip Report My Review Of Ghost Divers At Tajma Ha Cenote

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We were on the Jumna River line. Maybe they cut out the first few hundred feet and replaced the line with the white and I don’t remember but.

Attachments

• 7BF1565E-8008-45DE-9EE3-819F15C8D79F.jpeg
    7BF1565E-8008-45DE-9EE3-819F15C8D79F.jpeg
    32.1 KB · Views: 103
We were on the Jumna River line. Maybe they cut out the first few hundred feet and replaced the line with the white and I don’t remember but.

When was it taken? The vote was in mid-2020, so the relining as been happening over the last year.

Three weeks ago. I had seen some of the signs about trials of new marking systems. Hadn’t heard about the gold line being for cavern only. I was on a guided trip, briefed that navigation is way different than what I had seen in Florida and it was lol. Just stuck my cookies on as per normal though.

Three weeks ago. I had seen some of the signs about trials of new marking systems.

Probably is on their todo list. The people doing the relining are volunteers so it isn't exactly a full time job.

Three weeks ago. I had seen some of the signs about trials of new marking systems. Hadn’t heard about the gold line being for cavern only. I was on a guided trip, briefed that navigation is way different than what I had seen in Florida and it was lol. Just stuck my cookies on as per normal though.
How far away from the entrance is the Jumna River line? Do you remember taking a white line before reaching the golden line?

Attachments

• 40115BA6-EC6F-4CCD-881F-30EF38D61545.jpeg
    40115BA6-EC6F-4CCD-881F-30EF38D61545.jpeg
    50 KB · Views: 91
Its not far, very well could have had a white line on the first bit of it. I was just browsing some of my videos and remembered seeing gold line when you mentioned there wasn’t any in cave zones.

Some old lines will still be golden bc the CREER is still working on replacing them. New line being laid on recently-discovered systems are white.

It is undeniable that line is still golden. You got it.

But it’s not possible for someone doing a “cenote dive” to reach the Jumna line unless they let go of the cavern line and kicks away from it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom