Planning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well I just bought this one it is the pinnical polar and has a special linning in it and seems more like an 8 if it gets too bad I also have a 2 piece 7 and I could add a layer if needed.I was also wondering how far do you swim from shore to do this type of fossil hunting I will not be able to use my boat I had to turn it in the power pack went out so that is out.I will have to do the shore dive.I was going to bring 2 95's with nitrox I thought that would be enough.Is there any other things I might need

For fossil hunting on most of the Venice beaches the swim is less than 400 yards. A 7 mm semi dry should be more than enough for our temps unless we approach the next Ice Age in the next couple of weeks. You'll find that for shore diving, Nitrox is unnecessary and a waste since the depths are less than 25 fsw. Using double 95's for shore diving is a bit of overkill. One at a time would be more suitable. A flag and collecting bag are a must, along with gloves that you can easily pick up things with.

Me either (gloves). I can't pick up the smaller teeth as easy when I have them on.

That's one of my reasons. Another is sometimes I actually find teeth by feel. I don't recommend this technique because it's possible to find things that can hurt you, but it's worked for me.

Thanks for all of the info I will get everything together and plan on the 20th

That's one of my reasons. Another is sometimes I actually find teeth by feel. I don't recommend this technique because it's possible to find things that can hurt you, but it's worked for me.

Me too, unless it is cold, for just the same reason. Actually this past weekend I wore gloves out there and it was a PITA.

??????
fishing-hook.jpg

????????

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom