Planning trip to Caymans

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Grandview:

After calling several times over the last couple weeks we finally heard back from Grandview this morning. They will not be opening until sometime around April 2005.
So much for our Christmas vacation. Now I just hope the Delta will refund our airline tickets.

Mary Ann, My wife and I travel to the Caymans quite a bit. We have come to really like Little Cayman Beach Resort. They are a bit pricy, but have times, such as May when prices are lower. They have a very nice facility, wonderful and plentiful food, and the diving is excellent. It's a great place to get away from the masses of people too - unlike Grand Cayman which is a people madhouse. Little Cayman Beach Resort also takes VERY good care of their divers. They pamper you. Regarding Grand Cayman, be aware that Grand Cayman suffered catastrophic damage during hurricane Ivan. Many of the resorts are still not back open. Cayman Brac and Little Cayman got through the hurricane much better but still had major damage. Cayman Brac is also a great place to dive and will cost you less than Little Cayman. You might check out the website at: www.littlecayman.com as that website will give you info on both LCBR and Brac Beach Resort.
Any questions, call me at 303-922-0612 in the evening.
Kent
majames42:
My boyfriend and I are planning a trip to the Caymans this Dec and had a few questions. We were thinking of going first to Little Cayman and staying there for 7 nights (w/ 6 days of diving) and then flying to Grand Cayman for a few days (to check out stingray city). Does anyone have any suggestions on where to stay while at Little Cayman and Grand Cayman? The resorts at Little Cayman seem expensive -- are all-inclusive resorts the only options? Finally, is it a good idea to combine diving at both Little and Grand Cayman?

Thanks for any info!

Mary Ann

Back
Top Bottom