Planning to do CCR. thinking of JJ-CCR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What he said. The JJ is an excellent unit and was my second choice. It is ridiculously heavy and not ideal for travel. Other than that I have nothing negative to say about it. If you're a traveling diver, it may be a pain.
I thought its light. Unless on a D7 bailout setup?
in my understanding. Its being taught in my area with a stage bailout

You better check with the instructor you’re thinking of doing CCR classes with. There are requirements for a certain number of hours diving the CCR before you can move to the next level.
Yes im sure there is. will choose the rebreather first 😂

Yes im sure there is. will choose the rebreather first 😂

Well, your post did mention applying OC tech classes as soon as you’d done initial training. Sounded like you thought you could go straight from initial training into doing deco dives.

Oh
Well, your post did mention applying OC tech classes as soon as you’d done initial training. Sounded like you thought you could go straight from initial training into doing deco dives.

oh you misunderstood. What i meant was… application can come in after a few workshops.
my reluctance with rebreathers Is that… just that start from scratch

If you’re already OC deco certified, you can start at Air Dil Deco. I was already OC trimix certified before I switched to the rebreather and was certified to 150’ with helium and deco as my mod 1.

If you’re already OC deco certified, you can start at Air Dil Deco. I was already OC trimix certified before I switched to the rebreather and was certified to 150’ with helium and deco as my mod 1.
Depending on skilset, this is true. I have had OC advanced trimix divers come out of mod 1 with an air dil card. Just because you qualify for a deco cert doesn't mean you will earn one. It is a different animal. Not everybody picks it up quickly. And for those that bought a cert card somewhere, prior qualifications may not mean anything.

It’s still heavy and can be a pain to travel with. Doable but you’ve gotta do some tetris getting your bags packed light enough
How heavy is it roughly?

Depending on skilset, this is true. I have had OC advanced trimix divers come out of mod 1 with an air dil card. Just because you qualify for a deco cert doesn't mean you will earn one. It is a different animal. Not everybody picks it up quickly. And for those that bought a cert card somewhere, prior qualifications may not mean anything.

Oh for sure! I was lucky and took my class locally so I was able to do charters as necessary to complete my class

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom