Planning a trip to San Diego, any advice?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

doctormike

ScubaBoard Supporter
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello, SoCal divers!

I have a meeting in San Diego the third week in April, I was thinking of extending the trip to do some diving while I am there. I have been once or twice to the kelp forests, but a long time ago and before I had done that much diving.

Any suggestions? Is that a good time to go? I would be willing to hire a local DM/instructor for beach diving, if that's the best approach... Or are there better options (boat dives, liveaboards, etc..?). I can extend the trip by a few days if necessary.

Thanks!

Mike

Thanks! That looks great... unfortunately, it looks like they are not going out the weekend that I am going to be there, was hoping to go the weekend of April 21st or thereabouts. Are there other similar liveabords that you would recommend?

Mike

None as big, but I'm sure other San Diego divers will chime in soon enough with recommendations for other dive charters. That's the only boat that I've been out from San Diego. Also I could be wrong but most other San Diego boats are day-trippers instead of multi-days liveaboards.

Thanks! I called Horizon, and they said that it was early and that they might have something for me that weekend if I called in a few months...

Have you also considered diving the Yukon? I think it's a fantastic dive and right local (like 15 minutes off shore). The Lois Anne is a very nice dive boat. It's small, but it's perfect for the types of dives it does.

Awesome! Thanks so much guys... will work on this!

Mike

If you really want to have some fun call the Scuba Diver Girls

They really know San Diego well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom