Planning a quick vaca to CZM

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubapilot2000

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I’m thinking very seriously about heading down to Cozumel around Nov. 4-9. I’m coming down solo. Looking for recommendations on places to stay with good dive operations as well as having some nightlife relatively near by.

I’m not looking for college level night life. Being in my 40’s those days have long since past. Just a good place with some good music and good people would work. :eyebrow:

I’m looking for a decent place to stay. It doesn’t need to be 5 star but I’m definitely not looking to stay in a shabby facility.

As for diving, I’m looking to do some relaxing boat diving. I’m pretty experienced. Most of my diving is done in Monterey, CA.

I have looked around the threads and have some ideas but it seeems the more research I do, the more indecisive I get.

Any thoughts on planning a quick vacation in CZM?

Thanks

Casa Mexicanna may fit your needs if you want to be right in town (there's going to be some street noise until late evening) or Blue Angel (formerly Caribe Blu which is on the water about 1 to 1/4 miles south of there. There are a few popular bars in that area, or a short walk / taxi ride has you into the heart of town.

Hi folks,

I’m thinking very seriously about heading down to Cozumel around Nov. 4-9. I’m coming down solo. Looking for recommendations on places to stay with good dive operations as well as having some nightlife relatively near by.

I’m not looking for college level night life. Being in my 40’s those days have long since past. Just a good place with some good music and good people would work. :eyebrow:

I’m looking for a decent place to stay. It doesn’t need to be 5 star but I’m definitely not looking to stay in a shabby facility.

As for diving, I’m looking to do some relaxing boat diving. I’m pretty experienced. Most of my diving is done in Monterey, CA.

I have looked around the threads and have some ideas but it seeems the more research I do, the more indecisive I get.

Any thoughts on planning a quick vacation in CZM?

Thanks

Hey Bud! Give Opal an email at Scubamaucozumel.com. They are a blast to dive with. Fast boats, fruit and water on SI. Opal has the shop at Villa Blanca. She can get a deal on Villa Blanca hotel. Great spot to party right across the road. She and Mau can fix you up fine. Tell her kevin sent ya off the board. I'll be back on Nov.19. I can stand the wait. Have fun with whomever you use! Ps. You dive your gas. I go deco all the time.

There are several good places in downtown - some of them are having specials through November (I will be there next month too!) I like Casa Mexicana, Suites Bahia; close to everything, reasonable rates this time of year. I will be diving with Blue Magic - been with them several times already, what a great company to dive with. Everyone has their favorite, and after trying several, they turned out to be mine, so check them out. I think they have hotel and dive packages that you could talk to them about too. Enjoy yourself, see you there maybe??????

Villa Las Anclas is a great place. I've stayed there many times. Great location for access to downtown. I also like Blue Angel a lot. Bit further from town but very nice and great DMs. As for a greatplace to listen to live music, there's a place I'd suggest which is near Las Anclas but name escapes me. Someone will help out. Owner is native Cozumeleno who also big into wind surfing and has a shop nearby. If you stay downtown there are scads of diveshops nearby. Liquid Blue (if you like steel tanks) is within spitting distance of Las Anclas.

Sounds like you're thinking of Adrian & his restaurant Especias.

Actually I think it Kite boarding.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom