Planning a June Belize Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sub-Mariner

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm in the midst of planning my 1st trip to AC this june. I was able to find out about the dive operators but I'm a little stuck on the lodging. A preliminary look at pricing shows a difference of about $900 for a 7 day trip. One of the locations I am considering is Banana Beach Resort (the cheapest so far) does anyone have any insight into this operation or perhaps a suggestion of places to stay in AC?

I've stayed at Banana Beach four or five times over the years. Pleasant, well-run, friendly, moderately priced place about 1 1/4 miles south of San Pedro town. There's a low seawall in front of it, but it's next door to one of the best beaches on the island. The rooms on the seafront side are literally just a few feet from the water.

--Lan Sluder

If you want more information on Ambergris Caye, I've written a 200-page guidebook, which is available as a free .pdf download from my Belize First web site. The site and the book also are ad-free. It rates and reviews most of the hotels and restaurants on the island, based on my visits there over the last 15 years. I'm in the middle of updating it with some new restaurant and hotel reviews, but most of the information is current.

--Lan Sluder

Back
Top Bottom