Placencia, Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hil71

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello all - have been to Belize a number of times but only dived from San Pedro - am thinking about heading down to Placencia this April - I realise the reef is furthar out than on Ambergris and therefore the diving appears to be more expensive than San Pedro, does anyone have any recommendations for a dive shop - Seahorse is the only one i have seen good reviews of. Thinking of staying at Raguana - any one got an opinion on it? Maybe we'll splurge for the last 2 nights and stay at Roberts Grove! Thanks for any info you can give - Hilary

Hey, I did diving with roberts grove and witn Advanced Diving (no longer in service b/c of an accident)... Robert's grove is really nice, but honestly, as a diver, I've never swam so hard in my life! It was like a race to keep up and burn air- not to see or enjoy the reef. The reef is just as fun tho:) I stayed at a place 8miles out of Placencia, Buddy and Tressa's...right next door to this great restaurant called Mangos!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom