Placed the order for my new DUI today :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hoosier:
Make sure

Make sure

Make sure

of getting Si-tech valve, not Apeks one no matter what DUI and your LDS said.
When I bought my TLS350 I didn't make sure of this.
My low-profile Apeks exhaust valve will be replaced soon with the SiTech valve...:rolleyes: Stupid thing won't dump worth #@@$%#$%^.

Is there a picture of what the SiTech looks like somewhere? I mentioned it, but will head to the shop to make sure today. I don't know if it was actually written on the form or not.

Spratman:
Congrats! I just got my second weekend of diving in mine. I bought a CF200 pro custom. My biggest problem was making my arms do amazing things trying to get into the suit. I ended up with the Apeks valves, so I hope I'm lucky.

However, I NEED heavier undergarments. I've dove the last two weekends in 150gr fleeces in 42 degree water. Cold but not unbearable. Okay, pretty close, but I'm going to fix that! Get good undies!

Check out the Bare Polar Extreme undergarments. I wear that with a layer of capilene underneath and am fine in a trilam down to 40deg, so in a CF you should be fine.

bdshort:
Went into the LDS today to get measured up for a new drysuit. It will be a Signature Series DUI TLS350. Black of course, with the CLX450 style Cordura overlay. Went with large zippered pockets on both sides, CF200 kneepads, and turbo soles instead of rock boots. I want to get some Jet Fins, and have them fit over both wetsuit booties and whatever I wear on my drysuit. I currently have size 12 rock boots which obviously wouldn't work for the XL Jets, so I figure with the turbo soles, I'll be able to use XL jets for both.

Now the hard part... the wait! The other hard part will be handing over the money for it, though I did get a good deal on it.
Congrats! I'm pretty thrilled with my new DUI suit, too.

I'm curious why you picked zipper pockets over velcro? The velcro bellows pockets can hold a lot more, are more streamlined, and have no parts to get stuck. As long as you clip everything off properly inside, I can't think of any reason why the smaller zipper pockets would be preferred, esp. since I think they're the same price...

SparticleBrane:
When I bought my TLS350 I didn't make sure of this.
My low-profile Apeks exhaust valve will be replaced soon with the SiTech valve...:rolleyes: Stupid thing won't dump worth #@@$%#$%^.
Mine dumps great. Better than then older high profile Si-Tech on my old DS, in fact. Didn't I read somewhere that they fixed the issue and the newer valves aren't a problem anymore?

CompuDude:
Mine dumps great. Better than then older high profile Si-Tech on my old DS, in fact. Didn't I read somewhere that they fixed the issue and the newer valves aren't a problem anymore?

Based on their argument..... But, it is still leaking... Ours (GF and I) are both Apeaks new valves. I also talked with a DUI technical guy who still believes it is an user error though. I have seen other DUI owners who have the same issues. Their suits are all less than two years old.

hoosier:
Based on their argument..... But, it is still leaking... Ours (GF and I) are both Apeaks new valves. I also talked with a DUI technical guy who still believes it is an user error though. I have seen other DUI owners who have the same issues. Their suits are all less than two years old.
I fully believe you. Mine hasn't leaked a drop, although I've only put 3 dives onto it since I got it. Life got busy. :(

CompuDude:
I fully believe you. Mine hasn't leaked a drop, although I've only put 3 dives onto it since I got it. Life got busy. :(

:D

Sorry if I frustrated you.... :eyebrow:

When we got our new suits, we insisted a Si-tech valve, but LDS and DUI said their new Apeks valves were fine. The new valve wasn't like the old one. But, it is so happened....

Even, I went to the Dog day and argued with DUI guys, but they believed that it was an user error. LOL~~~~~

Who knows yours will be different or they fixed the problem. :wink:

At least, as long as you are in CA, you can get it fixed very sonner than anyone else in mid-west...

We plan to swap our valves sometime soon. My GF is also complaing it....:no

Just my experience....

Be cool...

Frustration? No frustration, man, all is well. :)

I have a few friends who have said "I won't buy DUI again... Dry Until Immersed!" who have had lemons that were in a constant state of repair trying to get leaks fixed, to no avail. And then I have friends who swear by them and won't dive anything else.

I figure no manufacturer is perfect, and make enough suits, you're going to make some bad ones. I'm just happy mine appears to be one of the good ones thus far... I feel fo you if yours are in the other category. I do hope those new valves work out for you!

My suit is leaking at this moment. I couldn't find an inlet even though I did a air/soapy water test, light test, and water filling test. Man, however, I admit that it is a good suit (Light weight, quick dry, zipseal features, and customer and warranty service for 7 years.) Even, I plan to get another DUI as a back up... It is their true intension not to make a suit perfect...? :rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom