Placed the order for my new DUI today :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok... I just sent an email to DUI Customer Service, asking if they could make sure I get the SiTech valves. Hopefully they can forward it to the right person and changes can be made this way, rather than going through the LDS. I hear they have good CS though, so we'll see.

Yes, that is the easiest way to solve any issue. I alwasy contact with DUI by myself. It is much easier way....

See. you don't need to take my path or pay any additional cost later.

I just got off the phone with the LDS and DUI, and it sounds like they're going to make the change from the LP Apeks to the SiTech.

Out of curiosity, what are the valve options for the DUI suits? Low-profile Apeks, SiTech, & ?. Is there a high profile Apeks you can specify too? I've seen OLD DUI suits with an Apeks exhaust valve that was pretty tall. The LDS said there were 2 options, HP and LP. They seemed to think the LP one was a SiTech.

How much of a profile does the SiTech have compared to the LP Apeks? I was looking at the drysuits at the LDS today, and the valves on the Bare suits looked just like the SiTech pics that were posted in the link that.

(Just as I was typing this, my LDS called to say the change has been made. And they mentioned it's the same valve that Bare uses, so I guess the above question has been answered. FWIW, the LDS wasn't aware of the SiTech option since apparently it's not mentioned in DUIs literature... and I've sure never seen it on their website)

I have used two TLS350s with Apex valves, and they both sucked. I didn't have any problem with the inflater valve, but the exhaust valve would not dump. The first was January of this year, and the suit was new. I had to be almost completely vertical before it would dump, and it was open all the way. The second was at the DUI Dog day, and the valve would not dump at all, even when I was completely vertical, or when I pushed on the valve. I had to dump gas out the neck seal.

I dived a USIA suit with SiTech valves, and didn't have a problem.

Ouch, you had to dump gas through the neck seal? Must have been a very wet experience!

I've been diving a new TLS 350 with the old-style high-profile Apeks valve, and it works well for me. I'm still learning to dive a drysuit, and I'll admit that I sometimes have difficulty getting it to dump all the way during ascent, but I think I'm not getting the valve to the highest point so I'm trapping gas elsewhere. Also, I've noticed that as I dive my drysuit more frequently I'm better about putting less gas in the suit, therefore having less issues with dumping gas on ascent. With both of those situations I've been able to resolve the issues with improved technique, which comes with practice. Caveat: I've never dove a different drysuit, so I have nothing to compare.

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom