Pizza

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gidds

Contributor
Reaction score
Witness Protection Program (hiding from the MOFia)
My name is Heather and I am a pizza addict :blush: Ok so not really but I really like pizza, especially really fatty chicken ranchero pizza. I'm pretty good about eating low fat/low cholesterol/ low salt things most of the time but sometimes I really want a pizza. I also tend to me lazy about cooking since I'm a grad student. I've been doing well battling the pizza cravings and I was thinking it's ok to have an evil pizza once a month or so. What do you guys think?

HI HEATHER!! :D

I have one about every two or three weeks, so that's about right. Thank heavens Pizza Hut delivers... :)

Pizza is one of the healthist meals out there. It has all the main food groups and is lower in fat then most foods. I say go for it.

Not these pizzas! :evil_4: A chicken ranchero pizza has grilled marinated (loaded with salt) chicken, bacon (salt, fat and cholesterol) and cheese (more salt, fat, and cholesterol) on a ranch sauce (even more salt, fat, and cholesterol). They are DIVINE though! :D I'm on like a first name basis with the delivery guys is why I decided I ought to cut back :11ztongue

Pizza is one of the major food groups and should be including in a healthy diet at least once a day. :D

Gidds:
My name is Heather and I am a pizza addict :blush: Ok so not really but I really like pizza, especially really fatty chicken ranchero pizza. I'm pretty good about eating low fat/low cholesterol/ low salt things most of the time but sometimes I really want a pizza. I also tend to me lazy about cooking since I'm a grad student. I've been doing well battling the pizza cravings and I was thinking it's ok to have an evil pizza once a month or so. What do you guys think?

Everything in moderation. Lead off with a nice salad and split the pizza with your dive buddies.

Oh I almost forgot, did you say Pizza?
http://home.gwi.net/~spectrum/pizza.html

Pete

In all seriousness- eating a pizza once a month isn't going to derail your diet- it wont even make a dent in it. I try to eat healthy 90% of the time. Being a grad student, and working full time, and diving every weekend- it's hard for me (thank god I love sushi). I give myself "permission" to eat WHATEVER I WANT one day a week- guilt free. Over the years I have found my "free day" has dwindled to more like a "free meal" and then I tend to indulge in just a dessert, and make good choices otherwise. Studies have shown that this approach lessens the chance of "binging"- since you know that when you really WANT a pizza (or oreos, or ice cream) you can have it- so when you do have it- you don't go nuts.

I'm not really dieting, I'm just trying to eat healthy :D The pizza is on it's way as I type. I feel better now though everybody, thanks :D

Pete- I'm not sharing my pizza with my dive buddies because a.) I get the small ones because everything is dang expensive here and I don't have a monster appetite b.) I don't have any buddies *yet* to share with :wink:

Gidds:
I'm not really dieting, I'm just trying to eat healthy :D The pizza is on it's way as I type. I feel better now though everybody, thanks :D

Pete- I'm not sharing my pizza with my dive buddies because a.) I get the small ones because everything is dang expensive here and I don't have a monster appetite b.) I don't have any buddies *yet* to share with :wink:

I will be right over after work. It sound incredible. And I too love pizza and sushi and meatballs and almost anything else I can get my hands on. LOL Wash it all down with a nice bottle of red wine and it's a perfect night, almost!!!! Enjoy it. :11ztongue

Mmmmmm sounds like my idea of a good time. I forgot to mention that my decadent pizza has tomatoes as well. I LOVE tomatoes! Maybe we should have an International Dive and Food Weekend since canukdiver offered to be my buddy if I came up there to freeze my butt off, I mean dive :wink: I'll bring the pizza but how do I keep it warm and won't the customs agents think I'm a little wierd for bringing pizza across the border?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom