Pit bull coming at me, owner screaming "Vicious NO"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

catherine96821:
Oooohhh, you guys, I have gotten BEHIND! where was I? Well, I think they are ugly because, it is a personal thing, but I don't like dogs that drool. It is just me, but I like a dog that keeps its mouth closed. ( I don't like looking at their butts either.)
I think Pit Bulls smell way worse than other dogs.---like gym socks. My dog smells like baby powder, no kidding. Different breeds smell different.

Nadmat, the problem is, you say "don't leave your child with any breed." I said this before, please would somebody listen? ....are you going to personally know/train the dogs where you drop off your six year old? Are you going to not let them go, if you don't know the dog? Well, I am going to let mine go unless, based on very superficial judgments, I don't like the looks or the breed of the dog. Thats what I mean by "real life". When you are a mother, you are not so philosophical, you don't care about blaming the "owners of the world", you just use instinct and mine says those dogs might attack my kid. If a person sends the wrong "vibe", I tell my kids to pay attention. This instinctive intuition we have as animals is getting sanitized right out of us as we get overloaded with information and education and live in more and more artificial environments...like suburbs. Overdomesticated.

Yes Catherine, I would know the people and dogs before dropping of my child someplace. I don't have to train those dogs myself, but I would interact with them before allowing my child free reign to romp with them. Do you make a practice of dropping your kids off with people and dogs you have never interacted with at all? Of course for me, the closest I have come to my own child have been my dogs and my neices and nephews. But I would never turn them loose to play with a dog I did not know and had not interacted with personally. The exception to that is that there are a few people whose judgement I would accept about a dog rather than having to interact with it myself.

Instincts are helpful, and I listen to and respect my instinctive responses, but they can still be wrong. So I try to add the few brains God gave me into the equation also.

And I have been trying to listen to your responses, but they seem to come down to ' I don't like pit bulls, my kids won't be allowed near one, no matter what, but I will let my kids freely interact with strange dogs of other breeds because they don't scare me so much '.

as always, JMAO

matt

Sorry to hear your problem with pits. But I agree with some that some pits are not VICIOUS. I know a pit that was one of the most nicest dogs and was very good with kids. But my self would never get one. I have 2 black labs that are 2 1/2 years old and there super sweet. We have a problem with my next door neighbors Shepard that wants to fight with my Labs. But I do not blame the dog the owners keep the dog out side all day and never play or give him attention. the dog just learned to hate everything.

I can not even leave my dogs out side since the Shepard tries to bite them under the fence. One time I was putting bricks under the edge of the fence to protect my dogs and the Sheppard came and stuck he head under there fence and grabbed my boot and tried to pull me but I kick him in the head and stepped on his neck till he was crying. I never see him do it anymore. So I think I solved that problem. now its the barking that gets me pissed.

Yes, I do let my kids go where I don't know the people that well.....do you HAVE kids? They have sleep overs, they go on trips, they have teachers that take them on school trips, and I don't know most of them very well actually. Well, at least you like Aussies. But most of this hypervigilant stuff I hear people saying is all from people who do not have children, if I could be so bold.

I read it, and you sounded hypothetical..... did i miss something? hey from the very first post, I said I am not for banning Pit Bulls, didn't I? Did I say I was going to carry a gun? nope. I am just reserving my right to avoid them. Why is that a problem?

sooo, okay you have neices and nephews, which I am here to report is NOT the same as being responsible 24/7, in which case you might feel the need to relax your "get to know every dog that has contact" standard. Where exactly are your kids going to be allowed to go? Friends, school trips, the park, tell me?

Catherine,

You must have mistaken pit bulls with bull dogs. Pits don't drool and they don't smell bad, unless they get wet or tangle with a skunk. Bulldogs drool, and their farts can strip the paint job off of a chevy.

ah, tensions are rising

soon... i will sow disharmony and take over ScubaBoard

hehehehehe....

it's the rain folks.....100 years and hawai has not had rain like this. I am about to go DIR for entertainment. No sympathy out there for my mental status. I saw it on the news....everyone in Hawaii is having mental probs. Students are just sleeping and not going to class at U of H.

I think I may have to reconsider this Pit Bull thing.....Can I secretly hate them if I don't speak?

dang it...

there goes a joke (?)

catherine96821:
it's the rain folks.....100 years and hawai has not had rain like this. I am about to go DIR for entertainment. No sympathy out there for my mental status. I saw it on the news....everyone in Hawaii is having mental probs. Students are just sleeping and not going to class at U of H.

I think I may have to reconsider this Pit Bull thing.....Can I secretly hate them if I don't speak?

http://www.workingpitbull.com/aboutpits.htm

Some interesting reading if you are looking to kill some time. Covers the good, the bad and the ugly, albiet from a Pro-Pit Bull perspective. Enjoy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom