Pirate King II 6/12 trip report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

phillybob

Contributor
Reaction score
booked thru L.B.I. Scuba. P.K.II is docked in barnegat light.hooked up to the wreck of the great isaac for two dives. mostly intact tug lying on its port side.easy to navigate. light penetration is possible. water temp at 90 fsw was 48 degrees. viz was 30-35 ft. pretty nice for n.j. seas were light at 2-3 ft. one bug and some tog and bass were taken. i gave my new ikelite housing (coolpx 7900) a work out empty. everything worked great. hopefully i'll have the camera in time for this sundays dives for a little macro photography. having only six divers on board made for a very comfortable day of diving. also, the parking scene at barnegat is so much nicer than at belmar. don't get me wrong, i love diving out of belmar,but the parking situation there is out of hand. i don't know what they can do to fix it. at barnegat i can park 20 ft.from the boat! the lot is almost empty. i think part of the reason is the boat shoves off at 6:30 a.m. and of course, capt. rob and mate bob always make for a cool trip. i'll be back on the 19th. later.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom