Pinnacle's Merino Karbonflex 4mm glove experience

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikeguerrero

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,

I tried out my gloves today in the pool. I swam in the water with them for about 1 hour and they felt great. I have small hands so I comfortably fit a medium better than the small but the digits on my fingers on the medium were too long.

So I went home with the small and was complaining that I could feel my pulse in them. I had read online that once you place them in water they expand just a tad and that couldn't of been ever so true.

They fit like a charm and I was so happy I didn't go witht he mediums, I have better dexterity with the small and sine you have to use your fingers in the ocean to work your bouyancy hose I couldn't ask for a better fit.

The merino linning is incredible my torso was cooler than my hands and when I removed them they slid off no struggle, they are telling the truth about Merino linning.

MG

Hey Mike,

I have the Merino Karbonflex's also - I haven't used them yet, and I got size medium. I think I have small hands, so I went with the mediums - they seem a little snug - I have to pull the fingertips loose a little before the glove will slide off. So, you say they expand in the water?

I have a pinnacle wetsuit, boots and hood. Thinking of getting the some gloves too. Anyone try there other gloves?

I just used the 4mm Karbonflex gloves on a few dives this weekend in 50F water. They were a wee bit chilly, but I'll take the cool over the total loss of dexterity that thicker gloves provide. They just replaced a set of 5mm Bares and I won't be going back anytime soon.

I just used the 4mm Karbonflex gloves on a few dives this weekend in 50F water. They were a wee bit chilly, but I'll take the cool over the total loss of dexterity that thicker gloves provide. They just replaced a set of 5mm Bares and I won't be going back anytime soon.

Deja vu! I did the same thing. I liked the Karbonflex gloves quite a bit, and I didn't notice any chill at all. They definitely gave me more dexterity than the Bare 5mm gloves.

Wow ... it's almost like we were on the same trip or something! :wink:

Are your gloves Merino linning? Pinnacles puts out two one that is not Merino linning and one that is. The Merino linning is more expensive and boost to bring up the warmth the 6mm 7mm glove without the bulk.

Just thought I would ask

Hey Mike,

I have the Merino Karbonflex's also - I haven't used them yet, and I got size medium. I think I have small hands, so I went with the mediums - they seem a little snug - I have to pull the fingertips loose a little before the glove will slide off. So, you say they expand in the water?

Yes the neoprene will expand just a tad as they absorb water, just like a brand new sponge get a slightly bigger size after it's been in the water.

That should give you a perfect fit in the water, that is why LDS try to get a snug fit on dry land.

MG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom