Pinnacle Freedom 2 vs DUI CF200

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eelnoraa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have recently purchase a drysuit from a member here, it is a CUI CF200SE, rear entry suit, with new seals, zippers. It is great, fits well. The only thing I think I want is a front entry, so that I can put it on myself.

I came across a used Pinnacle Freedom 2, 6 monthes old, front entry, condition is good. Obvious, Freedom 2 is not as tough is CF200. The cost for me to switch will be about $0. So do you guys think the front entry is worth it for the trade, or the I should just keep the CF200.

As a side note I found I can done the drysuit I used for kiteboarding by myself. I just used a tie down and a truck mirror or anything you have available.

Have you checked to make sure you can get into the front entry without assistance? Some people can get the zipper most of the way closed but they need help on the final inch.

Also, why is it so important to get into it yourself? Do you planning on Solo diving?

Have you checked to make sure you can get into the front entry without assistance? Some people can get the zipper most of the way closed but they need help on the final inch.

Also, why is it so important to get into it yourself? Do you planning on Solo diving?

You have a good point, I don't plan to dive solo. Then I just wonder why everyone seems to have a front entry/self donning suit. Just wondering, it is always at the back of my head.

I actually tried on the Pinnacle suit. I like how the DUI fit a lot better. The Pinnacle seems to have alot of slack in the leg area and upper torso area, while CF200 fits my body closer. Maybe it is because of the stretchness of the crushed neoprene, thing can be tighter.

Another issue with Pinnicale is it is rather tight in the waist. It actually make getting in and out harder. I also like Turbo Boot of the DUI better because it is overall smaller profile. I can still use my wetsuit fins on them. With Pinnacle, I have to use one size large fins.

I guess, I am staying with my CF200.

Back
Top Bottom