Pinnacle Extreme Semidry suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

davephdv

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone used the new Pinnacle Extreme semidry suit?

Does the front drysuit zipper make the suit too hard to get on and zip up? Does the front drysuit zipper make the suit too stiff and hard to move and flex your arms and shoulders?

How warm are you in the suit? Did you try it with a vest under it?

Thanks for any input.

Dave

Hi Dave
i have a Pinnacle vest/hood with merino wool... love it.it really is warm easy on/off,. drys quick. am looking at getting a polar very soon, just found they have started to import into Uk, a must but 7mm of warmth,,will try using all winter even in 1 deg C, when teaching in march,,,, may be stupid but have to test to extreme, and i think 1C is enough,,

let me know what you find out,,will watch this thread closely
Jonny

I'm guessing the Extreme is the old Polar, but without the merino lining? My LDS is buying a load of these for use in the pool - the zipper is a bit of a fag to get in to, but if the suit fits right then it's worth it.If it doesn't fit right, you'll be cold and miserable!

Hi

The Extreme is the same configuration as the Polar, Merino lined, front zip, one piece semi-dry w/ attached hood. The big difference is that the zipper on the extreme is dry, while the Polar has a regular wetsuit zipper. Also the Extreme is 8mm thorughout the torso, while the Polar is 7mm. We have sold more of the Polar's than Extremes, becasue the polar is a little more comfortable and less pricey. However the next generation of Extremes are out and they have a more flexible zipper. If anybody is in the Boston area and wants to see either suit, we have them both in stock.

Paul

i guess have a look at the pinnacle website.
i actually meant i,d test it to extreme,not test the extreme.
i didnt know pinnacle did an extreme,. but in UK the polar is about £290.
im not a great lover of wetsuit in cold water,(dry suits all the way), but this may convert me,dive show end of this month,will get one there & let all know results

The extreme is a great suit. Above the water the new dry zipper feels stiff but once u get it below water it is not at all noticable. the suits tend to be a slimmer pattern, and going from the polar to the extreme you go up a size or two. it takes putting the extreme on a few times to be able to figure out how to get out by yourself. the suit is totally worth the money.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom