Pinnacle Evo 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Irregular

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My drysuit arrived Thursday. All I can say is WOW. I thaught that I would need a custom cut suit, so the dealer called Pinacle and they said that I would fit a stock size. I was a little worried about it since my measurements did not match their size chart, but I ordered it anyway. Turns out that the size I needed was backordered. No problem, I was not in a hurry anyway. The suit showed up a week earlier than promised, and it fits like it was custom cut. :D

Thank You Pinnacle and Dive Right In!

I also ordered an Evolution rear zip drysuit from them. I sent my measurements in for both me and my fiance. I would have to say they nailed the size spot on for both of us using the standard sizes. I am very pleased with the quality/fit/price of these suits.

Let me know how you like it when you dive it. Mine should be in by the end of the month. I went the custom route. My LDS is just raving about how people that have the EVO2s love them so much. I tried on a DUI 450 back in Dec., great suit but far too pricey for my blood.

Let me know how you like it when you dive it. Mine should be in by the end of the month. I went the custom route. My LDS is just raving about how people that have the EVO2s love them so much. I tried on a DUI 450 back in Dec., great suit but far too pricey for my blood.

I got one last spring and I love it.

i have one and would love it... if i had the right size
mine is too tight around the guts and i can't wear more than a thin fleece as an undersuit
:(

I got mine about three months ago. I must say Pinnacle's sizing chart works well. Mine fit perfectly. What a sweet suit, especially when you factor in the cost.

I could've written the same message as Irregular... I decided on an Evolution II after Beneath The Sea this year. I got a decent price from my LDS and sent in my measurements; Pinnacle decided a stock L would fit well. The suit was backordered for 3 weeks or so, but showed up on Thursday. I took it out to the quarry yesterday and was delighted.

I needed to take one ring off the neck seal, but wrist seals were fine. Since it's a front entry there's some extra material in the chest, but flexibility is good and the drag wasn't much of a factor.

The loft of the ebayed (RondelJr, from the thread here) Antarctic undergarments, though, was a surprise! Due I think to the undergarments, diving the suit was completely different then the DUI's I dove for a drysuit cert last fall. For the class I was wearing capeline long underwear and an underarmour shirt, using about 14lbs in fresh water (single 80). A couple more quarry trips are definitely in order before I head offshore with the suit, but so far I'm really happy with the purchase.

For what it's worth, I'm 6' and about 180 lbs. Stock large fits well; size 10.5 shoe size, I ordered a size 11 pinnacle "rock boot" which fit fine.

Just got mine today (Stock XL). As I said previously, I was nervious about the fit. It fits good even with a full fleece undergarmet. Joe at scubatoys told me to upsize the feet 2 sizes for the pinnacle brands (I wear a 10 in shoes and boots are 12). Seem to fit perfect with wool socks. I really like the front entry as opposed to my other suit that is back entry. I'm thinking this is helping out with the tightness issue in the shoulders. In the Evo 2, I have free movement.

Haven't had it in the water yet, but I'm stoked.

S. Nagel

I have been using mine as a working DM suit ever since I got it during the winter. I try to take good care of it, but it is rock solid, and I have been very pleased. I had the problem with the molded boots being too small the first time, but once that was resolved, no other problems whateover. I do however wish that I had had the "convenience" pee zipper installed on the front. Having to get it and out of it multiple times per day just to pee is a pain.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom