Pinnacle Drysuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For what its worth, I absolutely love my Evolution drysuit, it seems very abrasion resistant, has yet to leak anywhere, and is fairly comfortable to wear. Everything I need fits in the pocket (safety sausage and tables) plus there is another (knife?) pocket on the left side which I have yet to use.... Manufacture seems high quality and the undergarment keeps me warm... so to quote someone famous, 2 thumbs way up

PerroneFord:
I don't know anyone within 200 miles of me that sells Pinnacle drysuits.

BWS sells Pinnacle D/S's too!

WaterDawg:
BWS sells Pinnacle D/S's too!

Since when? I've NEVER seen one there.

Just because we don't have them in stock, doesn't mean we don't sell them. They are extremely expensive to stock and "off the rack" suits rarely are ideal. As for quality, I know that every Pinnacle product that I've used (and when I say used, I mean USED) has been tough, reliable, and of great quality. I'm not just saying that because my store is a Pinnacle dealer. There are other companies that Blue Water is a dealer for, but I won't order their suits. I will also say that Damian and George at Pinnacle stand behind their products 110%. For the money, I would really consider a Pinnacle. I really think that in its class, it will stand out against Dive Rite (and I LOVE Dive Rite) and Bare suits. I will admit, that DUI makes an awesome custom suit, but be prepared to double your price for one. I will also point out that I have yet to come across an undergarment as nice as Pinnacle's Merino undergarment. On a deep trimix dive, that thing kept me warm. Plus, the neoprene cuffs not only make it comfortable and prevent it from bunching, but if some water gets into your suit... the neoprene stops it from running up your arm.

Also, we ordered some suits a while back, and due to high demand, we are just now even on the list to get it in soon. I have yet to actually dive a Pinnacle, but I have a feeling that I will in the near future. In the interest of full disclosure, I currently dive a custom tailored and set up DUI CF200. But, dealer cost on that suit was more than retail on Pinnacles (at least when i bought the thing). As for Dive Rite, I think they make a good "utility" suit. It won't impress you, it won't let you down. I just think that for the same price range, the Pinnacle will blow it out of the water. (and again, I LOVE DIVE RITE... look at my Screenname!! But for exposure protection, Pinnacle is the way to go.)

DoItRite, I think I know who you are, so don't read anything personal into this.

Here is an LDS retailer. Recommending a suit they sell, but do not own, and have not had in the water. Now this gentleman may well be as honest as a saint, and probably is, but it sets off alarms in a buyer's mind.

Now here is something I don't understand. I can walk into a Porsche dealership and look at Porsches. I can walk into a Ferrari, or Lambroghini dealership and look at their wares. I can even walk into a DUI dealer and see their suits despite the fact they cost twice as much if not more. But I cannot walk into the Pinnacle dealer near me, and expect to see even ONE Pinnacle drysuit. Does that strike anyone else as odd?

To be fair, the Pinnacle representive posting here has contacted me privately with some very encouraging news about seeing one of the drysuits locally. I will most certainly take him up on that offer. I hope the suit is as nice as everyone is saying. If it is, I'll buy one this fall.

But the LDS/Customer is put in an awkward positon. The dealer doesn't want to put a $1k+ product on the shelf that won't sell. The customer doesn't want to order a $1k+ product that s/he can't look over first. Something of a catch-22.

This is why our company decided to start offering new stores a chance to hang a promotional suit in their store so that a customer can at least touch and feel a suit. I think Whites does this as well. Not Every store is going to sell 100 drysuits a year.

Jerry, I think that is an excellent policy. And it's not that I walk into a DUI dealer and see all the models in all the standard sizes. Usually the TLS-350 is there, and maybe the 450. And usually a couple of undergarments. It's enough to get an idea of the workmanship and features.

As a manufacturer, what use is it having a finished product sitting at the factory. Get it out in front of the customer unless you have something to hide. And I'm not picking on Pinnacle here, I think they do a GREAT job with thier wetsuits, though I'd imagine the drysuit sales model is quite different, especially in the warm water market. I'd guess you sell drysuits in the great lakes region like you sell shorties in the keys! :)
(Maybe a slight exaggeration).

To be fair to companies like Pinnicle, Mobby's, Hunter and Otter, we have a lot of advantages because we are located in the United States. It only costs us $10.00 to send a suit across country for a new dealer to evaluate. Companies whose manufacturing facilities are over seas don't have this luxury. Our vulcanized suits are built by Hunter in England and it costs us almost 50.00 a suit to get them shipped over here. In a industry like this where our margins are so slim, it doesn't make sense for over seas companies to ship out suits just for evaluation and Promotion.

Back
Top Bottom