Pinnacle Drysuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

426Scuba

Reaction score
I have been thinking about getting a drysuit and I was at my LDS today and they have a deal on a Trilam Pinnacle Evolution Drysuit (includes Elastic suspenders, Inflation hose, Carry bag) + the evolution undergarment + 5mm hood for 1199. Does this sound like a good deal?
http://www.pinnacleaquatics.com/productdetails.aspx?prodid=4&toplvl=10&catid=10&catprods=10

Any one have any info on this suit good or bad?
This will be my first drysuit and I would like to make a good choice. I was going to have my dad's neoprene drysuit altered to fit me, but now I'm thinking a new one would be a better choice.

I have seen pictures of this suit and that is ALL. I'm fairly impressed with most of their other things. I am very curious to hear if you get any responses on this one. I want to order a drysuit next fall.

I'm never one to bash other manufacturers, but before you buy a dry suit from Pinnacle, find out where the suit is being manufactured and where you can get it serviced. If you PM me I will let you know about my concerns.

Jerry, just offer your opinion. No need for cloak and dagger. As long as the information is factual, I can't see any harm done. But if you want to say something that might be inflammatory, or perhaps opinion versus fact, just PM me what you have to say.

I am familiar with USIA suits, my instructor uses one. So I can make an objective decision.

Thanks.

Is that the new model that just came out? If so I just saw one yesterday, it seems pretty nice. I have a TLS and this new dry suit seems like it may be a bit more abrasion resistant. It has more of a fabric type of material on the inside rather than the DUI plastic. The outside feels more like the DUI 450 than the tls. Just as a side note, Pinnacle goofed up on the boot size and shipped a 12 instead of an 11. I personally use rock boots (so thats all that I know) and this new suit has turbo type soles. If your only doing boat diving Im sure they're fine, but I don't think they would hold up to well if you do much walking around in them. The one I saw was a self donning, they come with nice suspenders, and dual thigh pockets (although the pockets looked a little small) with velcro closure, the pockets even include a piece of shock chord but no D rings.

I'm bringing in three of them to take a closer look at, and dive. From what I saw at DEMA they look like well made, affordable suits.

Jerry I would also like to hear an explanation for your concerns rather than vague accusations.

Paul

I apologize. I wasn't trying to make any accusations. My company has a history with the guy who is or was in charge of their Dry Suit Division. We used to do the warranty repairs for another company he was in charge of that was based in England. From what I have seen of their suits, it looks like the same suit that we use to work on, but with a different logo. Same technology. Unless something has changed since DEMA 2004. I will say this. Pinnacle make an outstanding line of Wetsuits. I've actually recommended their line to a few of the new shops that we have opened up. I also know a few of the people who work for Pinnacle. Among the best in the industry. I'm hoping I'm wrong about the drysuits. I'm hoping someone else is making them now. Just be careful with any company that has only been making suits for a few years. I would never recommend a drysuit company that doesn't warranty their seams for at least 5 years. DUI does 7. OS does at least 5. Hunter and USIA offer lifetime seam warranties. Last I saw, Pinnacle offered either a 1 or 2 year warranty. I know they offer a lifetime warranty against faulty workmanship, but I would ask your rep if that would include seam leaks after 1 year.

See, nothing inflammatory there. Just good first hand knowledge, and something to look out for. Thanks for sharing.

Fair enough

Paul

Back
Top Bottom