Pink Spot on DC800 Shots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Olyvtx,

Thanks for that but I already have. I got an initial response from Joe at Sealife, sent him some images both in and out of the water, emailed him twice to follow up but no reply.

I think maybe I have been put in the too hard basket! :confused:

Cheers

sabath999,

Yeah, Im a hanging!! :popcorn: Just a little impatient. I purchased the DC800 in January after my Samsung UW housing fell apart, but the problems I am having with the DC800 have unfortunately tainted my enthusiasm with this particular camera.

Over $1100 AU for the camera and strobe and I just do not seem to have good warm and fuzzy feelings about the product. I purchased the unit based on the good reports at the time and the qudos of the Sealife brand. When I feel I have sub standard images, it takes the shine of wanting to take the photos in the first place.

Cheers

Scubi Do.... Did you hear anything yet? I dug up a really bad photo (overexposed) I took on my last trip and was able to duplicate your pink spot issue while playing with the levels in Photoshop.

I was not able to get the pink spot to appear on photos that were properly exposed so now I'm curious as to what causes that spot to appear as well.

Although I am very new to u/w photography, it only took me a couple of hundred u/w shots before I started to get some pretty impressive results with my DC800. Hopefully this pink spot issue isn't something serious. I will be watching this thread closely.

Scubi Do,

My apologies as my other hat, Sales manager had to be worn for a week. I am responding directly to your email that you sent me so look for that response tonight.

With Orb56 stating that he was able to duplicate on a really overexposed shot the pink dot, I believe this is how the sensor picks up an extremely overexposed image and that is reflected in the pink dot. What i think you do have is a faulty flash that is not working in the auto setting.

Joe,

Thankyou kindly for the post and I appologise for my impatience.

Now re the flash, fair point this could be a factor, but a couple of the photos I sent you were on land, with no flash, and when winding up ( or down, cannot remember now) the gamma the same circular pattern is evident. If the flash is at fault I doubt that I would get this artifact. Sorry, by the flash do you mean the stobe, or the inbuilt flash as I do get the same pink circle, on land, with the onborad flash.

Oh, BTW, Orb56, thanking you kindly for taking the time to test with your camera, I am much appreciated.

Where my concern lies if that in the colour information in the photo has this artifact, It is obviusly going to add or subtract from the actual picture image in this portion of the photo. In some instances, it has been hard not to ben over exposed, i.e. reflection of a silver fish etc, and what I am met with is this pink circle.

My old Samsung, RIP, was a simple point and shoot and it took fantstic photos, all without a strobe. On moving to a camera that was supposedly custom made for the purpose, the experience is not quite up to expectations. Over exposed or not, I feel I should not get this patteren.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom