Pindito Liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Full Circle:

We'll be on the boat with you - really looking forward to the trip. I am researching this section to find a place to stay/dive N Sulawesi for a couple of days before the trip. We are also staying in Bali for a few days after, but likely won't be diving.

Followup Pindito Questions for those who have been on it:

1. They haven't gotten a/c yet in the salon, have they?

2. From the pictures, it looks like they take your bc and regs off your tank after every dive and take the tanks to the compressor room. Is this correct?

3. If I have the procedure right in #2, does this start to seem normal after a couple of dives? Initially this seems like a very bizarre and unsettling concept, but maybe I can get used to it. I use a pony and I assume they will just leave the pony attached to the tank and drag the whole mess into the compressor room to fill.

Thanks!
Taxgeek

WetLens, looking forward to meeting you. My wife (critter spotter extraordinaire) and I are counting down the days. We will arrive In Bali a few days early in case the equipment has to catch up but won't be diving there either but will be exploring the interior of the island. From there to Makassar and then on to the Pindito on the other side of Sulewesi. Does any of this overlap with your schedule? Full Circle

Full Circle:
We are routed through Manado - arriving Friday, April 30th. Hoping to dive Lembeh on Sat/Sun then on to Sorong on Monday, May 3rd. On the way out, we'll be spending 3 days in Bali. Doesn't sound like our paths will cross until we arrive in Sorong.

We are hoping to get a few days of diving in before the trip as I still have a few bugs to work out on my camera system - either WPB or Keys plus a few dives in the springs sometime in late Feb/early March.

WetLens:
If you make it to the Keys maybe we can meet, we live in Islamorada, at the very least I can give you recos on diving and eating.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom