Pimp sofnolime canister, easier filling, how to do this?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have the sorb pour. Used it a couple times and it works well, but I just don’t have a spot where I can leave a jug of sorb upside down. I posted elsewhere for sale. Message me if interested (us only)
Thank you, no. Now that I know a ball valve works fine, I prefere an airtight ball valve.

How much air is really going to get in just sitting there.. you let more in every time you fill,
Perhaps yes, perhaps no, we all don't know. A ball valve is airtight, I prefere this solution.

Does anyone transfer sorb into a smaller airtight container you can just scoop from?

Does anyone transfer sorb into a smaller airtight container you can just scoop from?
You mean like these? Yes. Some people do that.

Attachments

• 12488894-3D0E-4B49-97E4-D587C8EE3BA7.jpeg
    12488894-3D0E-4B49-97E4-D587C8EE3BA7.jpeg
    110.2 KB · Views: 125
there was a guy that, that was prefilling small containers,
enough for a scrubber fill in each bottle,
Can't seem to find the link...@JonG1but not sure

there was a guy that, that was prefilling small containers,
enough for a scrubber fill in each bottle,
Can't seem to find the link...

Wonder how much more expensive that would be? I’ve seen someone online somewhere who transferred part of a jug into a Rubbermaid type container that could be sealed and simply scooped from there.

I prefer to decant into the smaller Sofnolime jerry containers that are easy to handle. Sofnolime sells 4.5kg (~10lb) containers that are much easier to travel with for long weekend trips and are light enough that it is not a pain to pour into a scrubber. I haven't seen these sold in the US but I took a few of them back from the UK. Pretty sure these smaller canisters are available in Europe.

You can use any smaller container, just don't use scented kitty litter containers! Ask me how I know that.. :cool:

The nice thing about decanting into a smaller container with a funnel is it helps sift through the dust when you pour into the smaller container.

tecnomar-sofnolime-797---1-2.5-mm-for-rebreathers.jpg

I prefer to decant into the smaller Sofnolime jerry containers that are easy to handle. Sofnolime sells 4.5kg (~10lb) containers that are much easier to travel with for long weekend trips and are light enough that it is not a pain to pour into a scrubber. I haven't seen these sold in the US but I took a few of them back from the UK. Pretty sure these smaller canisters are available in Europe.

You can use any smaller container, just don't use scented kitty litter containers! Ask me how I know that.. :cool:

The nice thing about decanting into a smaller container with a funnel is it helps sift through the dust when you pour into the smaller container.

View attachment 717766
I do this. Much easier to fill the scrubber and easier to transport. I've got two in the car for a weekend away camping and diving in Scotland as I type this. There wouldnt be space in the car for the big 20kg tub.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom