Pimp sofnolime canister, easier filling, how to do this?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Agro

Contributor
Reaction score
I find it uncomfortable to fill from 20 kg canister into scrubber. Canister is heavy and bulky. My idea is to put the canister upside down and add a valve to canister's lid, for ex. Scheibenventil mit Aussengewinde DIN 11851 - ab 59,87 Fr. - SWISS FITTINGS No idea if this can work. This kind of valves are for liquids, perhaps sofnolime will block the valve.

Of course the valve must be adapted to canister's lid, this I can do easily.

Any other ideas? Other kind of valves?

Did anyone already solve this problem?

I wonder.......

Google Sorb Pour.. This is not MY wording, but the 3d Print file is open source if I am not mistaken.

1649997878206.png

Great, great, great! Google brings me to techdivinglimited.com but they do not have it on the website.

Where can I buy it? I did not find anything in the www.

Perhaps not the best idea to use it:
Even with the update to the new funnel style, this is not an airtight valve. Please do not store sorb long term with this on. Remember that sorb can dry out if left unsealed, and the moisture content of the canister can be affected, which affect the sorb's performance.

Sofnolime must be stored airtight, this valve is not. I am not willing to change between sorbpour and standard lid, this does not make sense.

So search goes on.....

Write to Horizon Divers in Key Largo. Their sorb is 20kg upside down, with a ball valve that keeps the sorb dry in between scrubber fillings. Ask them to send you a pic. Pretty easy to build. Of course, they go thru sorb pretty quickly, with ask their tech classes.

I made a "tap" from a 1" ball valve and an adapter screwed through a Sofno-lid. Works well.

Attachments

• Sofno1.jpg
    Sofno1.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 59
  • Sofno2.jpg
    Sofno2.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 75
Does a ball valve really work? I expect sofnolime to block the ball when closing. It seems it does not.

Or does it sometimes block, sometimes not?

Great answers, great forum, great forum members. Thank you very much.

I have the sorb pour. Used it a couple times and it works well, but I just don’t have a spot where I can leave a jug of sorb upside down. I posted elsewhere for sale. Message me if interested (us only)

Does a ball valve really work? I expect sofnolime to block the ball when closing. It seems it does not.
Works on sandblasters to control sand,
Don't see why not,

Or use the above valve and put a plastic cap over it..
How much air is really going to get in just sitting there.. you let more in every time you fill,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom