pilot whale attacks/plays with snorkeler video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CBulla:
It was a daddy whale.. he was doing his best to teach her how to DIVE down and hold her breathe... unfortunately her lungs are to tiny to do any real depth dive so he brought her back up after a brief first lesson. :)

She lost her Jet fin to...

LOL! :rofl3: Those crazy, goofy whales!

Scubakevdm:
Wow. And she wasn't even wearing an oxygen tank.
It's a good thing. She might have o2 toxed at 40'! :wink:

I'm almost surprised they didn't digitally add in a cloud of blood or something.

This was aired on some show Called "When Animals Attack" or some such; to add insult to injury the involved parties got nailed with a HUGE fine for interfering with whales...

Not to be insensitive here, but how about these headlines?

Big fishy ate my leg?
I fed my wife to a "porpoise", and now i'm a millionare
My first marriage ... to a fish!
Love and rapture in the deep
"Nip Tuck" taken to a new depth
Extreme free diving using Pilot Whales
Pilot whale taught me to dive

-----

Mike.

I'm thinking that the whale was playing with the snorkeller. The whale could have broken the skin with its bite but didn't appear to. The whale could have shaken (shaked?) its head to do some damage but didn't. The whale could have held her down for a long time but, instead, seemed to respond to the snorkeller's panic with an "okay, I'll just put you back whee I found you" sort of attitude.

Frightening, to be sure, but I think this was intended as playful behavior.

"Hey Ma!!! .....Look what I found...can we keep it, huh,huh,huh...pleasepleaseplease can we keep it?"

"WILLIE......PUT THAT DOWN......"

H2Andy:
oh, i hated the whole presentation

dramatic music, hushed tone of voice... crap crap crap

but the footage is out of this world
Ditto on this and what everyone else is saying, except that 'oxygen' tank thing. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom