pilot whale attacks/plays with snorkeler video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WOW...cool...Whale play with her...she better

erparamedic:
Amazing video. Interesting how it took her back to the surface too. Glad she's ok. She's lucky.

Yes,yes, and stupid.

Even me, who has no dives behind the belt knows that you shouldn't do that.
You can watch, but don't touch, Remember

Wow! I guess that wasn't such a good idea after all.

Maybe look and observe without touching or violating thier space?

TOM

riffdiver:
Yes,yes, and stupid.

Even me, who has no dives behind the belt knows that you shouldn't do that.
You can watch, but don't touch, Remember
Well, make sure they want to be petted before you do it. I wonder if another one had been making threatening gestures before? If one had, that woman was probably attacked agressively. But, if there had been no threatening dislplays, the whale was probably just playing with her.
Bottlenose dolphins make agressive displays by approaching you (the diver) head-on, making loud squawks, and blowing bubble bursts, if they for some reason don't want you around. Pilot whales are in the dolphin family, maybe they do something like that........:confused:

It was a daddy whale.. he was doing his best to teach her how to DIVE down and hold her breathe... unfortunately her lungs are to tiny to do any real depth dive so he brought her back up after a brief first lesson. :)

She lost her Jet fin to...

I hate that music! It's like Jaws or something. In fact, both the music and the narrator sound like in this other video of a captive orca jumping onto his/her trainer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzFQv1pfbp0
The guy calls the whales "beasts" and sensationalizes the wholes thing to make the viewers gasp in terror! People like that aren't helping one bit.

oh, i hated the whole presentation

dramatic music, hushed tone of voice... crap crap crap

but the footage is out of this world

This is why we don't touch the wild animals. People are stupid...and I agree with Zingtea...this just paints the wrong picture about divers to the average idiot out there ("oxygen tanks") and makes people think it's all the whale's fault.
Whatever happened to "look, but don't touch" and "leave nothing but bubbles"?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom