Pictures of how to mount a transmitter using a short hose ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Me too. Not sure what a spool is
75B19310-E965-4E24-9649-9BF15DAD3D44.jpeg

Never seen these short hoses before. Maybe good idea. Mine is just screwed into 1st stage all these years. I never like that it could be used for a handle but never had an issue. But I really would like it closer, connecting sometimes is a lot faster if closer to the watch. Is that the reason you are using this?

I have used transmitters and never on a hose. Don't see the need for it. I also live in Bali where there are porters that take your gear out of the truck and onto the beach. I have never had an issue with them using my transmitters as a handle.

I also admit that I don't see the need for a spg as a backup unless you dive two spgs when diving without a transmitter.

My goal was just wanting it closer to my D9 watch. Sometimes to pair it works faster if almost touching it. A hand full of times it I did not pair it before or got separated it will not pair, then I am forced to shut off the air and turn it back on while holding the watch right next to transmitter. Maybe 6 or 8 times this has happened out of 500 dives. Next trip backing up the new iWatch, should be interesting.

Anyone have an idea how to hook up this uwatec? Doesn't have a channel for the spool.
View attachment 771801
Could you please provide another photo showing the end of the transmitter?

It kind of looks like there is an allen or or torx fitting in place...perhaps that is flow restrictor?

If not, it could be a broken spool or one that was pushed too far into the transmitter.

-Z

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom