pictures of fish butts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mostly, I find that fish don't like to be approached or chased. If you find a spot nearby and just sit there and wait, they'll usually come to you. Many fish are territorial. Watch and see what there favorite spot is. If they leave it and go elsewhere, wait at that spot. They'll be back in a few minutes. If there's a rock or a reef, wait behind it with your camera poised and focused on the edge. Snap them as they come around.

Hi Melissa,

You are my very first reply post! I am not sure what type of camera you are using...From what I understand, the newer point & shoot models have not only come down in price, but offer larger file sizes, as well as, much reduced "shutter lag".

Longdiver
www.AquaticImages.com

right on!

You can get good pictures with virtually any camera. You have to anticipate and take a lot of pictures. With digital you can always delete the butts. If you don't take any pictures you wont get any keepers.

Footslogger:
Larry C:
For some fish, if you hang a shiny object from your rig, they'll come to you. That can actually be a problem.
=========================================

I often dive with a small plastic shaving mirror in my pocket. When I think of it I sometimes lay in in the sand next to the reef. You'd be amazed at the number of territorial little fishies that see themselves in the mirror and react like there's an "intruder". Problem is that once in a while they get so worked up they won't sit still long enough to get off a decent shot with your camera.

All in all though it's quite a show and on occasion I've just put the camera aside and observed their behavior.

'Slogger
I'll try that on tomorrow's dive....
thnks for the tip :D

melissa
try continuous shooting mode

Back
Top Bottom