Pictures of Bailout/Stage rigging

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wreck-Diving-Training-Subic-Bay-1.jpg

I show tech students options for sidemount stage/deco rigging. I think it's a good approach for technical wreck diving.

It's all Ali cylinders here... so butt-plates aren't a big issue. A 5 minute job to rig some bungees onto a back-plate and sometimes, extra D-rings on the waist belt. First two stage/deco cylinders sidemounted. If further are carried, they are rigged as standard.

(Photo is technical wreck student doing black-mask lost line drill, with sidemount-rigged deco)

http://youtu.be/9OPL5SNHt8E

Figured I would share a little of the craziness. :)

Only 9 days til my cave course and I'm getting pumped. :wink:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please post a picture showing where & how to attach bungee used to hold tank valve under armpit. I just can't seem to envision it, and I would like to have my bailout cylinder more streamlined.
Do you still clip upper tank onto shoulder strap D ring when using a bungee to hold tank valve under armpit?
I have this Sidemount Ring Bungee - Each Diverite sidemount bungee ring, but I haven't figured out how to use it.
I'm diving a Prism 2 and usually carry a 30 cuft aluminum (or larger as needed) on my side, and soon I'll have a need to a cylinder on each side.

---------- Post added April 9th, 2014 at 05:10 AM ----------

I found this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTpC06qLCmo while searching Scubaboard.

hypanagy.jpg

ahunugy6.jpg

I have copied what the armadillo does by looping a bungee into the backplate. I then have a small parachute cord that aids in finding it which I attach to the D ring on my harness.

I don't actually connect my cylinder at the neck to the D ring. It will surely hang down when not in the water but the cylinder neck and valve should end up under your armpit once in the water.

I didn't come up with this but it seems to work for me so far.

Warm regards,
Garth

---------- Post added April 9th, 2014 at 05:24 AM ----------

The ring bungees work only when using the choker around the neck of the cylinder. If you have that system I would certainly try that first.

Garth - get rid of the suicide clip and put on a bolt snap. You may not agree with the dangers of suicide clips or boat clips, but your cave instructor will probably have a cow. Bad way to start.

Just my $0.02.

Garth - get rid of the suicide clip and put on a bolt snap. You may not agree with the dangers of suicide clips or boat clips, but your cave instructor will probably have a cow. Bad way to start.

Just my $0.02.

Crap. They seem to work well because they are small and oriented inward to prevent snag.

I want to start off on the right fin so I think I will change tonight. :)
I need to find a replacement clip though. Maybe I'll use small double enders

What I like the best for that, Garth, is a quick link and a small bolt snap.

What I like the best for that, Garth, is a quick link and a small bolt snap.

Good call. I need to pick up small p clips.

Good call by Victor. Small quick link will work fine. I don't care how well "oriented" the clip is. There will always be a way for those clips to inadvertently snag something. Getting yourself clipped in to the mainline would not be a way to impress your instructor. Have a blast and report back when you're done.

Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom