Picture question thats been on my mind..think you can answer it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaBrett22

Lionfish Slayer
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have been thinking about a question for the last few days.. here is the question..

Is it better to take underwater pictures during the summer or the winter? Or is there really no difference?

I have heard spring and fall is best. :)

Thanks!!

The fish are easier to photograph in the winter

5FrozenFish.jpg

And now for a serious answer.....in most areas that I have dove, the water is much clearer when the water is colder. I have also found that the life is nowhere near as active or abundant in those same areas though so you get some good with bad. No matter what, you can see and photograph exciting stuff no matter what the season. Some waters just take more skill (than I possess) to get the really good shots.

Just for clarification.......I have never dove FL waters so this likely still does apply somewhat but I am not stating that it does.

The fish are easier to photograph in the winter

5FrozenFish.jpg
Love the visual!

The best time is when the water is clear - regardless of season. Another is when there is something worthwhile to photograph - a slightly out of focus pix of a whaleshark off S. FL in so so viz is worth 1000 pix' of grunts or snappers in cristal clear water -

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom