Pics: Wreck of the Rodeo 25 and Pompano Reef (04-17-2011)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SFLDiver3445

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I spent September through March out of the water, so I haven't spent much time on this site. However, I've made it to the ocean for the last three weekends, and this weekend was my first time with the camera back in the water, so I thought I'd post a few pics to help break the "pic posting" ice.

I dove today with Tim (netmage), Terri (tasdiver) and Brian (deepstops). We dove out of Pompano with Capt. Conrad aboard the Miss Conduct. The seas were flat, the the water was blue, so we had hopes of having a couple of great dives.

Our first dive was on the Wreck of the Rodeo 25. The visibility was good; however, there was a decent current on the wreck. Fortunately, the Rodeo has plenty of places to hide from the current, so we were able to cover the entire wreck from stern to bow during the dive.

The orange and yellow cup corals have covered the wreck even more since I last dove it last year. If you haven't had the opportunity to dive this wreck, definitely put it on your todo list, because coral growth on this wreck is a site to see. nHere's a few of the pics I shot:

Here's a shot of Tim exploring the wreck:

Here's a shot of Terri loving the no bubbles diving thing:

Here's a couple of shots of the stern of the wreck:

After a brief drifting deco hang, Capt. Conrad took us south and dropped us on a reef for a drift dive. The current didn't actually cooperate with our plan, so we had to fight the current at times in order to stay on the reef at times, but it still turned out to be a nice dive.

Here's a few of the pics I shot on the reef:

Here's a shot of a friendly Gray Angelfish:

Here's a couple of shots of Terri gliding over the wreck:

Here's a shot of Brian wishing he had brought his pole spear when he went toe-to-to with a lionfish:

Enjoy!

nice.

Fantastic photos! Were you on the morning dive? We did two reef dives there yesterday morning.

We got lucky with the current though, it was very light....Also did manage to eliminate 7 lionfish.

Fantastic photos! Were you on the morning dive? We did two reef dives there yesterday morning.

We got lucky with the current though, it was very light....Also did manage to eliminate 7 lionfish.

Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed the pics.

Yes, we went out from Alsdorf Park at approximately 9:00 AM. The current on the reefs wasn't bad, but for some reason we ended up fighting it for a good part of the dive. Either way, it was still a nice dive.

Also, with the exception of Brian, we were all diving rebreathers, so time in the water is not an issue, because we certainly have more than enough gas for whatever.

It's fun going down, capturing shots of the great wrecks and reefs available to us here in South Florida, then sharing those pictures with everyone here on ScubaBoard, but when you get so many compliments regarding your pictures, now that's the icing on the cake!

Thanks everyone!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom