Pics of 1st BP/W setup - anything wrong??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Without seeing it on you and especially in the water, really hard to offer any suggestions. I imagine you will add a wing in there before diving? :)

The strapping is too soft.

N

What's wrong: its missing a wing

... But, ok, you'll get it on Tuesday. If you repost with a wing - and as SC sad, you wearing it - it will be easier to comment.

I would (probably) add a second set of D-rings on the shoulder straps.

Too much stuff on your refrigerator.

Clearly you have kids.
Lots of spearos and photogs prefer back mounted ponies, but I've come to embrace my slung (only 13) pony.

... But, ok, you'll get it on Tuesday. If you repost with a wing - and as SC sad, you wearing it - it will be easier to comment.

Hmmm. Just outta curiousity, what do you hang on a second set of shoulder D rings? I already have a left, right and butt plate rings, then another left ring on the webbing, front crotch ring and two on the shoulders. If we were talking piercings, I'd be a freak.

---------- Post added April 5th, 2014 at 07:32 PM ----------

Clearly you have kids.
Lots of spearos and photogs prefer back mounted ponies, but I've come to embrace my slung (only 13) pony.

Yeah. my wife wanted to buy a stainless steel fridge, but I said no way - need a metal one for all the fridge art. Its just not a kitchen without fridge art, IMHO...

Missing a wing

If you are using Air2/SS1 type of inflator, then your inflator is not too long. Your primary is donatable, so it is not too long either in this usage.

If you are using Air2/SS1 type of inflator, then your inflator is not too long. Your primary is donatable, so it is not too long either in this usage.

Ding Ding Ding! Good powers of observation my man.

Why the second set of d rings. Anything hung on either the top or bottom renders the one above or below useless. Tech wannabe BC's add them for flash. Useful they are not.

When I use a pony, I also mount it valve-down but a bit higher. The idea is that the bottom of the pony/bailout is more likely to protect the main cylinder valve and first stage if I get pushed up against the boat in a swell or it falls off the bench. Of course, that only works if you can still reach the valves comfortably.

I would also consider mounting your Freedom Plate higher on the cylinder. Your first dive will tell if it is comfortable for you, but I suspect you will feel the regulator hit your head.

I also use the X-bracket. Unless you need to remove the bracket frequently, I find the stainless hose clamps are more compact and two hose clamps are more reliable. The X-bracket was slightly larger than my 19Ft³ pony so I dipped the outer edges in tool dip… worked great and lets water drain better. 1" Tubular Nylon Webbing slipped over the hose clamps keeps them from marring the cylinder and dries surprisingly well.

Webbing - Dive Gear Express

Attachments

• P4060041.jpg
    P4060041.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 100
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom