Pics from Turks and Caicos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jeff....what camera set-up are you using? If you put that info in your sig line, we can tell without you telling us every time....my memory isn't that good!

Are these straight from the camera? On the puffer, a faster shutter speed would have stopped the motion. That also might have helped with the Gray Angels. Try not to shoot down on the subject, that makes the whole picture look flat, but I know that's not always possible.

All-in-all I think you did very good! :thumb:

Some good shots JRO. Did you use manual white balance on the Puffer - Grunt shot?

pictures are looking good, now it's time to get the processing software to get some color back in.
Aloha,
Lisa

Dee:
Jeff....what camera set-up are you using? If you put that info in your sig line, we can tell without you telling us every time....my memory isn't that good!

Are these straight from the camera? On the puffer, a faster shutter speed would have stopped the motion. That also might have helped with the Gray Angels. Try not to shoot down on the subject, that makes the whole picture look flat, but I know that's not always possible.

All-in-all I think you did very good! :thumb:

Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback. I've seen the images the three of you produce (I look forward to Gilligans daily posts every evening after work) and value your input.:god:

To answer your questions;
-I took these with a Sony TRV-70 camcorder w/a USVH housing in its camera mode (2.1 MP) (no lighting)
-No modifications were made to the images (photoshop, etc)
-I made no white balance adjustments (not sure if I can)

The first dive that I took stills on was actually because I inadvertantly moved the selctor switch while changing tapes between dives. I think the biggest thing I will have to do is familiarize myself with the "still" controls and capabilities (and maybe someday buy a proper camera), so that I can put your advice to use.

Thanks again,

Jeff

JRO:
http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=18818

Sorry all, I couldn't seem to figure out how to get these to post as thumbs.

This was my first attempt at stills, please be gentle...I cry easily. :17:

Just kidding, give me your worst:b2: , I know I've got tons to learn.

Jeff

Stills ? We don't need no stinkin' stills. Where is the video footage ?

Just kidding. Shots look good, but you know I'd like to see some video.

ronrosa:
Stills ? We don't need no stinkin' stills. Where is the video footage ?

Just kidding. Shots look good, but you know I'd like to see some video.

Working on it as I type. It might be awhile, but I'll send you a copy when it's done.

JRO - a bit late to this discussion, sorry - too busy at work!

I really like the cowfish...his eye and surrounding pattern is very sharp and I like the mildly soft focus farther back the fish - really looks like he is scooting away from you! & his colour is groovy.

Great images, especially from a video camera & first time still shooter!

I look forward to seeing many more.

Back
Top Bottom