Pics from Rincon, Puerto Rico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

viveco

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Few pics from my recent dive trip to Rincon, PR. First dive was @ Corcega Wall the second one was @ Los Almendros Reef.

2962283085_3508fa8827.jpg

2960666733_af3aaef75a.jpg

2960670781_a8b0d69c25.jpg

Just beautiful! PR's reefs are just amazing, thanks for sharing!

My wife and I are considering Rincon for our next vacation. Unfortunately I can find very little on the place. Is there any shore diving in the area? How far is it from civilization?

My wife and I are considering Rincon for our next vacation. Unfortunately I can find very little on the place. Is there any shore diving in the area? How far is it from civilization?

Rincon is about 1:45 drive from San Juan. Those pics are from shore dives but I dont recommended them if you go with out a guide, they are kind of difficult to find. Anyways 20-30 minutes from rincon you have maybe the best two shore dives of the island. Crash Boat and El Natural. Very easy, a lot to see. In rincon you will find Taino Divers that do daily trips to Desecheo, a little island abot 30-40 minutes boat ride with the best diving in PR. They also do local reefs. My suggestion is to contact them and ask them about the shorediving near rincon I heard there are a couple of more shore dives in rincon. Hope this helps.

Aquatica Dive & Surf out of Aguadilla is a great little shop that does guided shore dives in their area. Give them a lookup, I dove with them this past summer and they were awesome.

Information on Puerto Rico is difficult to find. Prior to moving here I was so frustrated that when I did finally arrive, i decided to start a small website to help local folks out. There is some desent beach diving if you know the spots, and the surrounding Islands are amazing. Goto Deep-Descent Its my site nothing fancy just some info pictures and forums. Hope it helps, let me know if i can help if you do decide to vacation here.

Chuck

Back
Top Bottom