Picked up my Pinnacle Kodiak today... inital review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nismo

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Went to my LDS and picked up my Kodiak today. Apparetnly this is a hot ticket item. Sounds like if I backed out of the deal there was a lot of people wanting one. Of course we are not too far from 3 or more quarries and it would make sense for his customers to be interested.

For those who don't know, it's an 8/6 high stretch semi dry with a liner. Front entry like a dry suit with Pinnacles dry suit seals.

First off this wet suit weighs a fair amount when dry. Lugging it around wet at the end of the day should be fun. Went to slide this baby on, and it went easier than my 4/3. I was absolutely amazed. Pulled it up my legs and did not need to use the ankle zippers. I'm a fairly big guy 6'3" and 230 Lbs. This is a 2XL suit. Shimmied it up my torso with no problem. Pulled the piece attached to the front over my head and then the top of the suit over. Again All of this is taking no time at all. Needed some help with the zipper. Would have gotten the whole thing on very quickly but the zipper needed to be waxed, so it was sticking a bit. May need an extra hand getting the zipper pulled. Not sure since I did not retry it after waxing and here's why.

That suit is sticking HOT! Before it was zippered I was sweating. I was sweating for a good 5 minutes after taking it off. I have to say if this does not keep me warm, I really need to reconsider where I am because it can't be that much fun.

My LDS is owned by a husband and wife. The wife was amazed at how quickly I got the suit on. The Pinnacle Elastiprene ad is no joke. This stuff was so smooth and flexible. I could easily bend and touch my toes. I was not hindered in my movement in anyway. Don't be fooled though, this is a bulky suit. If you stand with arms at your side, you will have the "I can't move my arms" look. Getting off was fairly easy. Could have used help getting an arm out, but once that is done, no problems. Slid off easily. Going diving May 29 pending a healthy delivery of my second child. Will give a full review then. Water temps at the quarry should be in the 50's.

Can hardly wait to see how it holds out against the elements... I dive the ME-7 with 3mil heated torso Merino and a 7mm Hooded vest Merino...

MG

Glad to hear from you Nismo! I have been waiting not so patiently to get the real review of the Kodiak. I have not ordered one yet....but am very interested. I checked the suit out at OWU in Chicago in Feb. It looked and felt incredible I am jealous now my friend. Safe diving and please give us your take soon! CamG Keep diving....keep training....keep learning!

I too just recently received my Pinnacle Kodiak. Still waiting to dive it, however I absolutely love it! I originally purchased the Pinnacle Polar, but the hood was too sizes too big for my little pin head, so I had to return it. I find the Kodiak much easier to get into, and, unlike Nismo, I didn't find it too hot at all. Actually, the Polar had me sweating instantly, while I find the Kodiak quite comfortable. It was very hard to zip the first time I put it on (help was required) but the next time I was able to do it myself quite easily. The elastiprene stretchy neoprene is extremely comfortable too. Can't wait to dive it!!!

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom