Pick one

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zen1300

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
New Zeagle Envoy setup

Or

Used Scubapro MK2+/R190 setup

Both operational.

What would you dive and why?

neither. Can't get parts to rebuild yourself.
HOG Gear D1 Singles Regulator Package w/ SPG | Dive Right In Scuba - Plainfield, IL - Dive Right in Scuba
That is best bang for buck right now. Gets you a 5 port turret regulator that you can service yourself, has two high quality second stages and an SPG. I would add a DIN to Yoke adapter to that. $450 for brand new reg set, can't go wrong there.
Cave Adventurers has similar deals on the regs, can't go wrong with either of the two companies and both will have the same prices and comparable service.
Cave Adventurers - HOG Single Tank Regulator Package - Marianna, Florida USA - Never Undersold!
That's their package without the SPG, but Edd will match DRiS pricing, so it's whomever you feel like talking to first I guess.

i'll second the HOG, we have the Hog D3 First stage, the Hog Zenith Second Stage, and Braided Low Pressure hoses :D

New Zeagle Envoy setup

Or

Used Scubapro MK2+/R190 setup

Both operational.

What would you dive and why?

I would dive the Zeagle, because I can buy the parts to service it myself.

Item Name (click for item details and selected options)​
Item Cost
QTY
Total
534.jpg
Zeagle 1st Stage Service Kit 345-1000
Options:
Standard or Viton Standard kit
$28.00​
$28.00​
Sub-Total$28.00

Sorry, I should clarify... I own both of these sets already. I wasn't looking to buy a set.

I'm sure there are plenty of better regs out there, and plenty more opinions on those, but I was curious what people might pick on the ones I posted.

Both the MK2 and R190 stages are unbalanced so you may find that as the tank pressure decreases, the performance will too.

I do not know anything about the Envoy, but if you own both sets dive them to find your answer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom