Phuket - Sharkey Scuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have tried to contact AAA and BBB- are they on holiday or something? Where on the website is the comparison of student performances/gloating?

Last edited by a moderator:
I ve taken my post down cause I realised that actually I don t care anymore.....

Last edited:
Kind of hard to follow, but in general a PM should be kept private IMO. It was not meant to be aired unless both parties agreed upon it. I would be annoyed if someone did that to me. It does violate Net norms.

I do feel your post or rather your boyfriend's original post if I got it right is fine for a public forum. As many have commented, based on what has been written people have given their views. No offense, but nothing is taken as fact by most of us just from a post. I am not doubting you put being honest. If many concur with your views a strong case is built. That is why this forum is so good. This can be viewed as a public Q&A. I would however really consider your Q&A to PADI before doing so. Did you feel things may have been misunderstood? I am not talking about the business end of things, but dive standards.

Arizona

yes its could be seen as being wrong, there are alot of things in life that are wrong....being told I m childish, jealous and my opinions are diatribe in my opinion is wrong, this is a subjective discussion...which I m more than happy to discuss...

I m not sure what the T&C are for net forums, are they written somewhere? and no one agreed for me to do this.....but I ve done it....

You just don't see that kind of thing on SB for example. The very nature of a PM is to be private or taken off line. I realize you are upset and perhaps well justified, but he did not attack you in such way in public. In the end do as you want, but others will most likely agree with me.

Your boyfriend gave a very easy to understand account of what happened from his point of view. Many will view this and come away with their own opinions.

AZ

Rich Neeley and Allyson Dalton - Alive and Finning (part three)

Ally was an outstanding divemaster trainee. She worked extremely hard and, if she had planned to hang around Phuket on a more permanent basis then you may well have seen her also become a permanent part of our team. We can only assume that the malicious comments made were down to jealousy of Ally's superior performance during the course.

Sorry don't see any mention of you or your names there. I have already seen that page, but thought you said "My girlfriend actually failed the physics exam (which the instructor openly gloats about on his website" - so where is that?

The website does not name you so I guess you are the only ones who know or believe it refers to you... well, now many people know! Nevertheless you have taken it rather personally.

Don't want to say more as this does seem rather personal and a shame Iain/Oui are away and probably not aware of this, thus unable to reply.

I think there is a lack of understanding of why we wrote the post. I m sad to read that many people have thought that recording our personal experiences has prompted people to think we are wrong.

I live in a democractic world where I can voice my opinion freely, sometimes people hate it, disagree or whatever but thats the beauty of democracy. I get the impression that people think we are wrong in what we have said, that in fact our experiences weren' t true. To be honest the only people who can comment on this are the people involved. Therefore to imply that we are wrong is in fact wrong itself. Can people have wrong experiences? This is fundimentally down to the individual who has had the experience and how they intreprete it. What is acceptable to one person might not be to another person. I think that this is something that people have to bear in mind when going through life, and perhaps when working in a customer orientated environment something that should be considered. It might add value to a service.

To conclude if people are just going to write on the forum about we are wrong all the time its useless, perhaps add why, or some sort of coherent answer, its always good to back up an opinion or experience with some sort of reasoning. But again this is my opinion one that might not be shared by others.

Phuket diving world is a small community, therefore I expect people to voice their support in favour of sharkey, it would be foolish to think otherwise, but the post is not a competition about who is right and wrong, It is purely an experience stated on a forum......

P.S Considering at the time Ally did her DM course we were the ONLY other DM on the course, its pretty safe to assume it was us...and to be honest jealousy is probably one of the worst character flaws a human can possess, to be called jealous in my opinion is quite hurtful, perhaps thats the intent, Why would I be jealous of a diver being swept off a reef? that is a bit wierd.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom